**Palehose vs. Injuns Game Thread** 11:05 ct

Brian

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Yeah, Vazquez was awful.

Yeah great he got a quality start. It was his season low for strikeouts with 2, also first time all season he gave up multiple home runs. He also walked two guys. Not a great line, not terrible either. But keep in mind he was facing the Indians whose offense had been terrible. I wonder how a team with an offense that was clicking would have handled Vazquez.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
Yeah great he got a quality start. It was his season low for strikeouts with 2, also first time all season he gave up multiple home runs. He also walked two guys. Not a great line, not terrible either. But keep in mind he was facing the Indians whose offense had been terrible. I wonder how a team with an offense that was clicking would have handled Vazquez.

You're right. Any pitcher who has at least one loss the rest of the season should be released.

Im watching from work, but despite the 2-0 fall, it looks like Floyd is actually pitching well...they got a bunt, an error, an infield single...and Floyd has 3 Ks already in 4 outs.

I have no confidence this team can homer their way to a win today. But it's good to see Gav hanging in there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)

The fact he walked away with a quality start while not having his "stuff" is testament to how good he is, maybe? And the Indians offense may be struggling, but on a day when they do break out, they're as good as any offense in this league.

Bah, nevermind. :P

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 28, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)

You must have missed the days when the Sox had absolutely no pitching. Javy had nothing on Monday, and still kept us in the game.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ May 28, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
gosh some of our offensive stats are damn Offensive.

The last time Konerko had two hits in a game was May 9th.

The last time Konerko homered was April 27th.

and PK got hurt on the 28th. Yet, we keep playing him instead of putting him on the DL.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 28, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
One hit thru 3 innings. Only so much our pitching can do folks. We gotta find a way to score runs without the homer.

I don't get why Swisher, who's had better at bats lately from the left side, got today off while PK was in the lineup again.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)
I don't get why Swisher, who's had better at bats lately from the left side, got today off while PK was in the lineup again.

Very disapointed with Swisher so far that I am, but I actually agree with you here. Westbrook is a tough matchup for a struggling and banged up PK...and Swisher did seem to swing the bat better last night.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)
You must have missed the days when the Sox had absolutely no pitching. Javy had nothing on Monday, and still kept us in the game.

I remember them well, thankfully they are a thing of the past. I am just saying that the pitching has gone above and beyond what anyone expected them to do as a unit. I hope it lasts all season. Will it though? I'm not saying they're terrible, or will be. Theres a chance they won't stay at this high of a level. Especially if the offense refuses to give them any run support.

And to the person who sarcastically said that we should release Javy based on my commennts, thats just absurd. I was just saying that he didn't have a great game. I was merely stating a gut reaction that I had about the pitching, a bad feeling and it started with Javy's game Monday.

Sorry to offend so many of you.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)

Exactly-and Quentin could probably use a mental health day off too

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)
I'm thinking the Sox are going to put PK through the tests this week and if he doesn't come out, they'll DL him.

He has done nothing for a month. He could be returning healthy in a few weeks instead he will be out until the All-Star break. That is really bad mangement of personnel.

Also Hawk on Monday was chirping about how good of a clubhouse guy Cabrera is. He mustr eally think fans are dumb.