**Palehose vs. Injuns Game Thread** 11:05 ct

Brian

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We got one back and PK got a hit...Floyd needs to keep them right there...Jake the Snake wont pitch a CG in his first game off the DL...just need to be close when they run out their crappy bullpen guys.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
We got one back and PK got a hit...Floyd needs to keep them right there...Jake the Snake wont pitch a CG in his first game off the DL...just need to be close when they run out their crappy bullpen guys.

100 pitch limit per Wedge via Farmer

Dye has been weird lately. I thought he was bought ready to really get white hot during that Cleveland series at home, he was 5-10 with like 6 RBI and 2 HRs. Then just like that he goes in a 2-19 with 1 RBI slump coming into today's game. Would you credit that to him just facing quality pitching? Just kind of weird that he seems to really be heating up and then goes ice cold for 5 games. Thats kind of the thing about this offense as a whole, just when it seems like they are getting things together by stringing together a few double digit hit games, they then go ice cold. Frustrating.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
100 pitch limit per Wedge via Farmer

isnt that what it always is? so... in other words against the sox that should be about 8 innings.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
He has done nothing for a month. He could be returning healthy in a few weeks instead he will be out until the All-Star break. That is really bad mangement of personnel.

Also Hawk on Monday was chirping about how good of a clubhouse guy Cabrera is. He mustr eally think fans are dumb.

Ya, but that was prior to him getting his shot. I think the Sox want to see how he is now that he's had a couple days off and the cortisone. They'll give him a week or so and at that point, if he still looks way off I think they'll consider DL'ing him. I also know that Paulie is the type of guy that utterly refuses to sit out games (he hates not playing). Usually that attitude is a good thing, but in this case it may be detrimental and hopefully Paulie and Ozzie realize this soon and are able to get him on the DL until he's healthy and at that point we'll just have to hope the Sox can win without him (in all honesty, they've already done that this year) and when he comes back in 30 or 60 days, you look at it as you just traded for an all star first baseman (because if he's healthy, he'll be pretty close to that, imo).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
Ya, but that was prior to him getting his shot. I think the Sox want to see how he is now that he's had a couple days off and the cortisone. They'll give him a week or so and at that point, if he still looks way off I think they'll consider DL'ing him. I also know that Paulie is the type of guy that utterly refuses to sit out games (he hates not playing).

right but... lol

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
Gavin Floyd really looks good. They got gift runs in the first and he's really bottled them up since and is pitching very efficiently. Very impressed with Floyd this year.

One of his best outings so far this season. Lots of strikeouts and no walks.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)
Did Westbrook rob Wise of a hit, or would the SS have gotten to it?

on the 2nd base side, 2b probably would've gotten to it but it was scalded pretty hard, possibly could've gotten through

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:57 AM)
The worst thing about our pathetic lineup is our pathetic minor league system that has one player who could be considered major league ready.

Josh Fields

Lance Broadway

I'd say two.

As much as Floyd's been "lucky" w/his BABIP rate, it sure is nice to see a pitcher of ours miss bats. The strikeouts are certainly encouraging and leads me to believe he'll be solid in the back-end of the rotation for the rest of the year just on stuff alone.

Edited by Fotop

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
Dye has been weird lately. I thought he was bought ready to really get white hot during that Cleveland series at home, he was 5-10 with like 6 RBI and 2 HRs. Then just like that he goes in a 2-19 with 1 RBI slump coming into today's game. Would you credit that to him just facing quality pitching? Just kind of weird that he seems to really be heating up and then goes ice cold for 5 games. Thats kind of the thing about this offense as a whole, just when it seems like they are getting things together by stringing together a few double digit hit games, they then go ice cold. Frustrating.

We've faced really really good starting pitching for the last three series. We haven't gotten to play Texas or KC or any of them yet, but we will. It all evens out, but the last week we've faced some of the best.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 28, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
We've faced really really good starting pitching for the last three series. We haven't gotten to play Texas or KC or any of them yet, but we will. It all evens out, but the last week we've faced some of the best.

I believe we get Greinke when we face KC next week, unfortunately.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 28, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
One of his best outings so far this season. Lots of strikeouts and no walks.

Problem is with the really poor effort from our offense we can't afford to give up gift runs. Hopefully someone or two or three steps up today and delivers

QUOTE (Fotop @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
As much as Floyd's been "lucky" w/his BABIP rate, it sure is nice to see a pitcher of ours miss bats. The strikeouts are certainly encouraging and leads me to believe he'll be solid in the back-end of the rotation for the rest of the year just on stuff alone.

He's not lucky today. Today's game has been like no other this season for him.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)
Speaking of minor league system... what is going on with that thread that was closed from Bureau. I found that whole situation very interesting and haven't seen any info since. If it can't be talked about here...can someone PM what's going on.

Take a look at the White Sox catch all thread. I discussed why it was removed in there (I think I made the post on Sat/Sun).