**Palehose vs. Injuns Game Thread** 11:05 ct

Brian

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Fotop @ May 28, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
As much as Floyd's been "lucky" w/his BABIP rate, it sure is nice to see a pitcher of ours miss bats. The strikeouts are certainly encouraging and leads me to believe he'll be solid in the back-end of the rotation for the rest of the year just on stuff alone.

the thing that annoys me about BABIP is that it assumes the only good and consistent way to get someone out is to K them. while I agree that K's are nice, it kind of discounts the people who have the kind of stuff that puts batters off balance and causes them to pop out frequently. if only there was a stat for batting average on balls hit HARD into play...but that's certainly asking too much :lol:

i'm aware that most deviations from the BABIP average of like .300 (or whatever it is normally) are due to luck

in any case, that's probably an argument for another thread

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
joe joe single off the outfield wall, followed by an up the middle shot for alexei

Sweet, thanks. I think Uribe has lost his job for the time being. Ramirez still has some major holes, but he seems to be doing a lot more than Juan was. Plus, Ramirez has the upside to get better.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
oc can't bunt...

He looked horrendous trying to bunt last week. IF he can't get a bunt down here and keeps stabbing at it (which is what he does last week), Ozzie may just put him out to the pasture, LOL.

QUOTE (SoxWS08 @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
The Alexei is really coming along. I think it's time to DFA Uribe. OC needs to get him over now.

One potential other way to do it would be to DFA Pablo and consider Uribe to be your super-sub/backup 3rd basemen when he comes back.

QUOTE (SoxWS08 @ May 28, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
The Alexei is really coming along. I think it's time to DFA Uribe. OC needs to get him over now.

does uribe's cleared waiver status from his previous DFA still count?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
Is it me or does Alexei really look so much better than he did at the very start of the season. If he continues to progress at this clip, we may have someone we can work with.

He's been much better at using the whole field and when hitters can use the whole field it means they're timing the ball and seeing the ball very well. That and his swing looks shorter close to what it was in ST.