**Palehose vs. Injuns Game Thread** 11:05 ct

Brian

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
One potential other way to do it would be to DFA Pablo and consider Uribe to be your super-sub/backup 3rd basemen when he comes back.

I still Uribe has value since he can sub at 3B, SS, & 2B and play tremendous defense at all three positions. Plus, I think at some point this season the Sox could probably move Juan to a team (not really for anything, but at least they would get someone to pay the contract) needing some defensive assistant up the middle. That said, when Juan comes up he can just replace the spot Alexi had on the bench (its not like Pablo has to be released either, unless the Sox plan on bringing someone else up and I don't see who down in AAA is worthy of coming up; the only exception would be Fields and he isn't coming up until Konerko goes on the DL).

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
I still Uribe has value since he can sub at 3B, SS, & 2B and play tremendous defense at all three positions. Plus, I think at some point this season the Sox could probably move Juan to a team (not really for anything, but at least they would get someone to pay the contract) needing some defensive assistant up the middle. That said, when Juan comes up he can just replace the spot Alexi had on the bench (its not like Pablo has to be released either, unless the Sox plan on bringing someone else up and I don't see who down in AAA is worthy of coming up; the only exception would be Fields and he isn't coming up until Konerko goes on the DL).

If people wanted a lefty bat off the bench, then either Owens or Wise might be another option, if you were to drop Pablo and treat Uribe as the super-IF-Sub.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
OC is not a the player he was advertised to be. Result was nice but effort was terrible.

Westbrook looks to be tiring.

I don't think he's been as bad as Sox fans think, but he's definately not been even close to the type of player he was in Anaheim. I still think we'll get a lot of good out of Orlando though. He's pressing a bit, but offensively he looks a lot better and defensively he's still been good, just not as good as Juan was (but I've long said Uribe may just be the best defensive SS in all of baseball).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
If people wanted a lefty bat off the bench, then either Owens or Wise might be another option, if you were to drop Pablo and treat Uribe as the super-IF-Sub.

Or just release Uribe. That wouldn't suck.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
Hall and Ramirez look like different players from early April.

Hall has really shortened things up, so has Alexi. That said, Alexi still has a very very long swing, but the good thing is he also has very quick hands.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Hall and Ramirez look like different players from early April.

With a youngin' (hopefully) like Alexei, that's to be expected. With a person coming off a serious injury like Hall, it's not surprising, but not unexpected eitehr.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 28, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
We need some hits here to keep the rally going, not just a sac fly or groundout RBI.

To be honest, given the production we've gotten in situations like this, I'd be quite pleased if we got a Sac fly and than another Sac fly (than if things would really go well, maybe a two out hit to follow). I'm just never confident in us scoring runs till they actually touch the plate (even in this kind of situation).

COME ON SOX!!!

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
incidentally, on the OC failed bunt attempt.... i dont know how much we can fault him on that. Westbrook was out of the zone for most of those pitches

Then you pull back and don't attempt to bunt those.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
I don't think he's been as bad as Sox fans think, but he's definately not been even close to the type of player he was in Anaheim. I still think we'll get a lot of good out of Orlando though. He's pressing a bit, but offensively he looks a lot better and defensively he's still been good, just not as good as Juan was (but I've long said Uribe may just be the best defensive SS in all of baseball).

I hope the off field stuff is tied to his on field struggles or it could get ugly for him qucik.

Come on Carl.