AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
who would've thought on may 28th we'd be 6-3 against cleveland on the year

Certainly not all of the people who were absolutely convinced back in March that Detroit and Cleveland were going to rule the Central.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 28, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Certainly not all of the people who were absolutely convinced back in March that Detroit and Cleveland were going to rule the Central.

Agreed. Though I will say Cleveland will likely be there at the end. Their starting pitching is incredible, and if their offense gets hot, which I imagine it will, They will be tough to beat during that stretch. They have 6 legit starters. Detroit not so much.

On the other hand we're kinda in the same situation. If OC, Swish, PK and Thome wake up, we'll be damn near unbeatable.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
who would've thought on may 28th we'd be 6-3 against cleveland on the year

How about 29-23, 1st in the Central by 2.5 games, 5.5 ahead of Cleveland and 8 ahead of Detroit, with 29 days in sole possession of 1st place.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
I prefer the "half empty". The bandwagon really emptied there after the 90's.

The Indians arent the most popular team in a lifeless town, and now they are basically relegated to 3rd place with the Lebrons doing well.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
Awesome win, would love to see a QS everytime out but that's not realistic so it was nice to get a win that you can attribute to the offense

Gavin basically rolled one breaking ball that got him into trouble, the defense and a few broken maple bats got the other runs in.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 28, 2008 -> 12:21 PM)
Agreed. Though I will say Cleveland will likely be there at the end. Their starting pitching is incredible, and if their offense gets hot, which I imagine it will, They will be tough to beat during that stretch. They have 6 legit starters. Detroit not so much.

On the other hand we're kinda in the same situation. If OC, Swish, PK and Thome wake up, we'll be damn near unbeatable.

Almost 1/3 of Cleveland's wins came with Lee starting (they're 17-27 when he doesn't start). With Carmona on the shelf for a month, their rotation is not as good as it looks.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
Almost 1/3 of Cleveland's wins came with Lee starting (they're 17-27 when he doesn't start). With Carmona on the shelf for a month, their rotation is not as good as it looks.

Sabathia - Lee - Laffey - Westbrook - Byrd is as good as it looks. Still slightly better than our rotation, imo.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 28, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Sabathia - Lee - Laffey - Westbrook - Byrd is as good as it looks. Still slightly better than our rotation, imo.

Lee was in the minors last year, Westbrook is a 4+ ERA guy, Byrd is avg. I think our rotation matches up very well with theirs.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:20 PM)
6-1 v. Cleveland in the last 7, 3-1 at the Prog or Jake whatever it goes by.

Sox Win.

Didnt the Sox lose 2 out of 3 to open the season at the Jake?