What are you hoping for in the Rays series?

soxfan3530

I was bored at work, so I figured I would gauge what people were expecting out of this semi-big series with the Rays. The Rays are currently tied for the best record in the Major Leagues. While they are very talented, they are very young as well. Remember we took 2 of 3 from them on the road earlier this year. We will be facing both their aces keep in mind in Shields and Kazmir. Having said all that I would love a split with a very hot team. What do you guys think?

I'll take a split but I want 3 of 4.

I'll be at the Friday game for sure and possibly Saturday as well if I can talk the kids into anothr game instead of Busch Gardens. A losing proposition, I know.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

We face their two best pitchers, and then the guy who might have had the best game against us all season in Sonnastine. The Sox had a lot of success earlier this season against Edwin Jackson, so hopefully they can do well against him tonight.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 29, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
I was bored at work, so I figured I would gauge what people were expecting out of this semi-big series with the Rays. The Rays are currently tied for the best record in the Major Leagues. While they are very talented, they are very young as well. Remember we took 2 of 3 from them on the road earlier this year. We will be facing both their aces keep in mind in Shields and Kazmir. Having said all that I would love a split with a very hot team. What do you guys think?

I am hoping for a sweep, but would be content with a split. Anything less than a split would be disappointing.

hoping to take game 1 in particular and apply pressure so we need one more win to at least split, or 2-3 to dominate the series......

it's BS that we have to play this young team 7 straight in their park, and only get them once at home later this summer.....hopefully the beating we gave them in the two wins in April will create a little doubt in their heads compared to the teams in their division they've taken it to?

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 29, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
hoping to take game 1 in particular and apply pressure so we need one more win to at least split, or 2-3 to dominate the series......

it's BS that we have to play this young team 7 straight in their park, and only get them once at home later this summer.....hopefully the beating we gave them in the two wins in April will create a little doubt in their heads compared to the teams in their division they've taken it to?

TB was the last team I cared about playing when the schedule came out.

There are a lot of sox fans out there....REPRESENT!!

You want to sweep every series, or at least win every series. I am intrigued by the fact we have a cinderella team in the rays hlding 1st place and a #1 team in the Sox that were wrote off by analysts and yet we don't see any of the games on National TV. But, we certainly will see the Red Sox, Yankees and Mets I am sure.

The record is what it is. Playing on the road is tough so I hope for 2-2 but could live with 1-3.

These are more important than winning in order;

Buerhle - a nice start is big

Swisher - he needsto show is is worht something, anything

Thome - he needs to hit RHP

Konerko - needsto show if he can carry on or hit the DL

Consistency on offense - no 3 hit or completely shut down nights

Nothing stupid that costs a game, you know that wacky s*** that happens to the White Sox when they play fast, young teams on turf or mirror the first inning yesterday.