White Sox @ Rays 6:10pm CSN+

WSoxMatt

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
I hate thinking that we could have easily gotten Hamilton, or even McLouth, for less than what we got Swisher for.

I really hope you're not right about that.

I dunno, JR's always had a thing for character guys. Do we think he might have stood in the way of a Hamilton trade?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:43 AM)
I really hope you're not right about that.

I dunno, JR's always had a thing for character guys. Do we think he might have stood in the way of a Hamilton trade?

How's Hamilton any different than Jenks?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
Just never trade for Oakland players.

Dan Haren says hi. Ditto Tim Hudson.

You could also have said "Don't sign them as FA's either" after the Giambi debacle...but then you wouldn't have a trophy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
6 of our regulars are hitting .210 or below over the last week. 7 if you count Anderson.

This is the pessimist in me, but this 4 game series is set up to be an offensive nightmare like the Blue Jays series. If CQ has to carry this team, we're looking at single digits for the 4 game series again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Dan Haren says hi. Ditto Tim Hudson.

You could also have said "Don't sign them as FA's either" after the Giambi debacle...but then you wouldn't have a trophy.

Haren wasn't really involved with the Giambi/Tejada/Chavez era. I was thinking more of the young, dumb, and full of *** bunch that they used to brag about.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
Haren wasn't really involved with the Giambi/Tejada/Chavez era. I was thinking more of the young, dumb, and full of *** bunch that they used to brag about.

Was Swisher involved in that?