Sadly, This win will be overshadowed...AGAIN!

wilmot825

Once again the White Sox impress all of the baseball world with their excellent play of late. And tonight they downed the Rays of Tampa Bay with a 5-1 victory behind John Danks. But tomorrow in the newspapers across Chicago (Tribune, Sun-times, and Daily Herald) the Cubs will have the front page with their lack-luster win over a terrible Rockies team. When are the writers of this city going to pull their heads out from the ass of the Chicago Cubs? I still recall the Cubs being the top story in '05 up until September, even though the Sox were the best team in baseball. I hate to open the newspaper daily because it just angers me to see a picture of Soriano, Zambrano, or Soto on the front page of the sports. Enough is Enough! Time for a profanity laced sentence. F**k those c***s*****s with every f***in win they get in their sh***y season.

:gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4:

Edited by wilmot825

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:01 AM)
Once again the White Sox impress all of the baseball world with their excellent play of late. And tonight they downed the Rays of Tampa Bay with a 5-1 victory behind John Danks. But tomorrow in the newspapers across Chicago (Tribune, Sun-times, and Daily Herald) the Cubs will have the front page with their lack-luster win over a terrible Rockies team. When are the writers of this city going to pull their heads out from the ass of the Chicago Cubs? I still recall the cubs being the top story in '05 even though the Sox were the best team in baseball. I hate to open the newspaper daily because it just angers me to see a picture of Soriano, Zambrano, or Soto on the front page of the sports. Enough is Enough! Time for a profanity laced sentence. F**k those c***s*****s with every f***in win they get in their sh***y season.

:gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4:

Who the hell cares. This is an old tired argument.

Eh I disagree. When we are bad and they are good (like last year), it really gets old and lame, and I also admit I ALWAYS want the blue b****es to lose. However, when we are a good team in contention such as right now, them winning doesn't bother me. I'd rather they lose, but if we're good then the Cub results are an afterthought.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:26 AM)
I do quietly dream about a Sox/Cubs World Series. In a short series, the Sox could win because of the pitching.

If there was ever going to be a year, it'd be this one.

I guess 2003 could have been it as well considering the Sox were probably the most talented team in baseball and the Cubs were 5 outs away. The double chokes took care of that though.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
Who the hell cares. This is an old tired argument.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 30, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
Who cares?? Enjoy your own team's success.

Well put, both.

The Sox are simply playing better, and doing something the Cubs can't - winning on the road. The Cubs lose even to bad teams on the road. Till they can win away from home they're no different than last year in my mind.

It is annoying because you will pick up the paper and the whole front page and most of the second page of the sports section deals with the cubs win over a crappy team, talks about their shoe tying or Dempster's new guitar or something stupid like that, and the sox win is sqeezed into the little sidebar and maybe a small story about how the clubhouse doesnt get along on the second page.

QUOTE (SouthsideNorthsideFan @ May 30, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
Well put, both.

The Sox are simply playing better, and doing something the Cubs can't - winning on the road. The Cubs lose even to bad teams on the road. Till they can win away from home they're no different than last year in my mind.

Here here :cheers

To the Sox :drink

If the Sox kick the snot out of the Pirates, and the media make it out like 'Well, it's only the Pirates...', then you may have a point, since the Cubs have won like a thousand games against the Pirates this season alone. Now, the Sox just need to beat the Pirates.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
I'm thinking there's going to be a special edition newspaper to commemorate today's Cubs game. I went on chicagosports.com earlier to read the Sox news, and it really seemed like an afterthought on the site.

With the exception of winning the world series, we always have been and always will be an afterthought in the Chicago media, and it really doesn't matter either because I can now tell you from personal experience that most media members are legitimately stupid anyways. And I think the thought of a special edition newspaper is a slight exaggeration. :lolhitting