Amen Father Pfleger!!

How this guy is still associated with the Roman Catholic church is beyond me. His mass is not a Roman Catholic mass, he gives communion to non-catholics, and he pulls this asshatery. After we ditch the morons who poke the kids, this goof needs to be next.

1) Wrong venue for stuff like that. Uncalled for

2) I'll confess, I giggled a little during the crying part.

3) I have lost respect for the man.

Back in 2004 I interviewed him on during out Election Night coverage at the radio station I was with. He really impressed me and he earned my respect. He has lost it.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 30, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
I just watched the video

LOL

this is great that some guy who wants to be president has been going to this church for 20 years. what an idiot

Ah yes, and you fell right into the conservative press push on this. People now have the idea that Barack Obama somehow was sitting in the pews hooting and hollaring in agreement with this assclown.

Except... no, and not even close. Obama went to a church previously, where now some assclown is preaching. That's like a derivative of a derivative. I get how people are or were worried about Wright, because he was close with Obama for so many years. But this, well... its an understatement to call it a reach.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 30, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Ah yes, and you fell right into the conservative press push on this. People now have the idea that Barack Obama somehow was sitting in the pews hooting and hollaring in agreement with this assclown.

Except... no, and not even close. Obama went to a church previously, where now some assclown is preaching. That's like a derivative of a derivative. I get how people are or were worried about Wright, because he was close with Obama for so many years. But this, well... its an understatement to call it a reach.

The thing is, there is no way this stuff is new at that church. Obama has so many goofy radicals as his close associates it brings up some legit issues as to what kind of person he really is. It's just my personal preference to not support radical religious types, be they right wing or left.

You are both right. There is no way that this sort of stuff is 'new'. They have had Pflager there before as well and referred to him as a friend. However the level that he brought it to that night was probably elevated to new heights, knowing that cameras were on and people would see it. And Obama was not there.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 30, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
You are both right. There is no way that this sort of stuff is 'new'. They have had Pflager there before as well and referred to him as a friend. However the level that he brought it to that night was probably elevated to new heights, knowing that cameras were on and people would see it. And Obama was not there.

I agree. And like I said, I do actually understand the concerns about Obama, Wright and that church. It made me think twice. But in this case, I think its a stretch to attach Pflegler to Obama. And I won't even go into the debate about how much the pro-Black or racist tone of the church may or may not be important, because we've pretty well exhausted that discussion.

I think that Pflager speach was dumb, he was trying to be funny and it really wasn't. This however dosen't compare to religious fanatics like pastor Hagee, who praises Hitler and thinks that homosexuality is ruining the world. Mccain was proud to have the support of Hagee, but he didn't go to his chuch so it's ok.

You don't see many Pastor Hagee videos on Fox.

Edited by GoSox05