That's a Sox Loser Tonight

greg775

i'm not one to make too many excuses, but we HAVE faced some really ridiculously good pitching of late. check the ERA's of the people we've faced recently and maybe we'll get a piece of the picture as to why our offense has looked so awful of late.

Well it looks like Alexei and his hitting are back sitting on the bench. Uribe is getting activated, and Uribe is the starter. Nothing like taking a bad offense, and taking someone out of it who is hitting. There is that falacy of Uribe can carry at team. The last time he did that offensively was 2004.

"The Missile played pretty good," Guillen said. "We need Uribe to play second base. I'm not going to say we're a better ballclub, but we're a better defensive club when Uribe is at second."

This is a dumb move. Alexei has played pretty damn good defense at 2nd. Whats the point of putting a bad hitter back out there for the upgrade in defense. Uribe can't hit.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 31, 2008 -> 04:04 AM)
i'm not one to make too many excuses, but we HAVE faced some really ridiculously good pitching of late. check the ERA's of the people we've faced recently and maybe we'll get a piece of the picture as to why our offense has looked so awful of late.

Yep, the great Jered Weaver who got rocked by Toronto tonight.

I dont understand playing Uribe over Alexei. Its just a dumb move. He is hitting, and really flashing some leather at 2B. I dont know if Uribe gets to those two dives tonight.

And Floyd's walk off was very predictable. He leaned out over the plate for the first pitch and was obviously looking for something outside and hard, Line shakes off two breaking balls and serves up the HR.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
Yep, the great Jered Weaver who got rocked by Toronto tonight.

sometimes good pitchers get rocked but if you think jered weaver is a scrub, you are sorely mistaken

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 30, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
sometimes good pitchers get rocked but if you think jered weaver is a scrub, you are sorely mistaken

He isnt a scrub, but he isnt good enough to only give up one earned run in 4 starts against the sox. Thats beyond Johanesque.

Count has turned into a groundball machine this year, a 12-4 GO/AO tonight. He hasn't had a GO/AO reach even 1.20 since he put up a 1.49 in his rookie season of 2003, but this year his GO/AO is a gaudy 1.95. Combine that with only 19 walks and an adequte 47 k's in an out shy of 75 innings, and you have a guy with great numbers and the periphials to keep it up.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 30, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
I got excited at the game when I saw Uribe taking grounders at 3rd. I assumed that meant he was going to the Utility role, but this frustrates me.
Uribe can have good d at 2nd, short and third Ramirez is playing better d at short and third that leaves Pablo who we all love out. We might see Uribe playing short giving Cabrera some much needed rest for his body and the press box a rest from his calls.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
I just told my wife about Hawk's son proposal, and she came up with a good question: what if one of her friends was watching, and texted her to let her know what was going to happen before that first out?

That "friend" would be a meddling pig, and would be on my s*** list permanently if I ever found out.

What kind of person would do that? Spoil someone's moment like that?

It would have to be a miserable hag who can't stand to see anyone else be happy.

Oh, sorry, back on topic - the Sox "offense" really sucked with RISP, and it better not become a trend. The rest of the division probably isn't going to suck all year, and the Sox better start driving in baserunners if they hope to hold the division lead for long.

Edited by The Critic

This team might be the worst I've ever seen in terms of execution. It's a joke how many games we've given away this season and this was another one. We can't bunt, we can't move runners over, we can't score them from 3rd with less than 2 out. Pathetic.

It's amazing that as many games as we've given away, we still have a winning record. Seems like just about every loss is self-induced.

So, we'll replace better offense (Ramirez) for supposedly better defense (Uribe) at 2B, but we won't swap Anderson for Swisher? I can't put into words how disappointed I am in Swisher. He f***ing sucks horse balls. Get his ass out of the lineup for a guy who will provide MUCH better defense, and a very similar average.

EDIT: Removed a naughty word.

Edited by Milkman delivers