**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread

Brian

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
Well he is no Jared Weaver.

Seriously though, have you guys looked at some of the numbers being put up by the pitchers in the AL this year? There are 9 guys right now with ERA's below 3. (Just in the starters)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 12:29 AM)
That might be a lot to ask for our offense to overcome, 1 run is a great day these days, 2 runs is a superstar effort with the entire offense clicking.

It's getting tiring hoping for this offense to finally catch a spark. They have to start scoring 5 runs a game for this team to consistently win. I'll say it again....fire Greg Walker!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2008 -> 11:29 PM)
Seriously though, have you guys looked at some of the numbers being put up by the pitchers in the AL this year? There are 9 guys right now with ERA's below 3. (Just in the starters)

Are home run numbers down? You have to wonder if this will be the trend in a new era of baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
It's getting tiring hoping for this offense to finally catch a spark. They have to start scoring 5 runs a game for this team to consistently win. I'll say it again....fire Greg Walker!

Well the weather is just dandy outside, its almost June. I expect the large offensive outburst to start anyday now. At least that is what we have been told.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Are home run numbers down? You have to wonder if this will be the trend in a new era of baseball.

Compared to April and May of 07, only slightly, actually. Through April and May of last year, AL teams averaged 48 home runs and NL teams 54. Through April and May of this year, coming in to today, AL teams averaged 54 home runs and NL teams 48.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
Compared to April and May of 07, only slightly, actually. Through April and May of last year, AL teams averaged 48 home runs and NL teams 54. Through April and May of this year, coming in to today, AL teams averaged 54 home runs and NL teams 48.

really? about 2 weeks ago i heard that HRs were way, way down...on pace to be down like 500 from two years ago and like (which is absurd, considering thats basically 3 teams worth, which is 10%)