**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread

Brian

This "offense" really makes me want to go smack someones mama...I'm so sick and damn tired of such lackluster, s*** performances from a batting order that is making MORE than their share of the team payroll

Pull your f***ing weight, you sacks of s***.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
This "offense" really makes me want to go smack someones mama...I'm so sick and damn tired of such lackluster, s*** performances from a batting order that is making MORE than their share of the team payroll

Pull your f***ing weight, you sacks of s***.

Imagine the stress on the pitching staff, realizing that any mistake is game.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 31, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
really? about 2 weeks ago i heard that HRs were way, way down...on pace to be down like 500 from two years ago and like (which is absurd, considering thats basically 3 teams worth, which is 10%)

Compared to 2 years ago I'll bet they're right. Last year, through April and May, there were 1.90 home runs per game. This year, there's 1.85 coming in to today, and that number will probably go up by like 1% today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
How long was that nap? 2, 3 weeks?

Haha, pretty much.

Just frustrating but obviously predictable at this point. If Q has an off game we just can't score at all.

Edited by Rowand44

Another multimillion dollar "slugger" expanding the zone and swinging at a pitch well out of the zone. You know Scott is hard enough to hit when you attack the pitches in the zone, when you try and swing at pitches head level he becomes Cy Young.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I want to cry after watching this team hit. KW needs to get to work.

There really isn't much he can do at this point. The guys who aren't hitting have pretty much moved themselves in to the "Unmovable" category with their lack of hitting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
There really isn't much he can do at this point. The guys who aren't hitting have pretty much moved themselves in to the "Unmovable" category with their lack of hitting.

I think Swisher is movable. Thome and Konerko not so much. But it doesn't mean we have to keep running them out there if they're hitting .200. There will be some bats available.

I don't think you can let this type of pitching go to waste.

this rays team will be unreal if these guys mature like they should...price has better stuff than kazmir and is the ultimate competitor, hes probably ready right now to be honest, but im sure they will take it slow with him

future rotation of kazmir price shields and garza (+ maybe mcgee, sonnanstine, niemann, wade davis)

reid brignac will prolly be a solid SS, not to mention they are set to get a pretty darn good player in this years draft

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:02 PM)
I wonder how it feels as a starting pitcher, knowing if you make one mistake and give up 1 run, there is a pretty damn good chance you're getting an "L" or at best, a no decision

Well right now the Rays have the same amount of runs as we have hits.