**White Sox vs. Rays** 5/31 Game Thread

Brian

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
I think Swisher is movable. Thome and Konerko not so much. But it doesn't mean we have to keep running them out there if they're hitting .200. There will be some bats available.

I don't think you can let this type of pitching go to waste.

There may be bats available, but the only things we have that would really draw any interest from other teams would be Fields and probably Poreda, and that's not going to cut it.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
Well right now the Rays have the same amount of runs as we have hits.

I guess I find it hard to express just how damn irritated and frustrated I am with this team right now. As good as our pitching is, and that was supposed to be the question mark of this team, we've got to settle for a bunch of overpaid, aging stiffs that all look the same up at the plate, and seem to have no idea of strategy or hitting plan at all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
I'll bet his numbers would look significantly better than Swisher's if he was playing every day.

oh i bet they would look a lot like his career avg., .219, just a wee bit higher than when he did play every day.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 31, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Next person to suggest Swisher should be benched in favor of Anderson should just..............

At least Swisher has an upside.

Really? Let me know what that is...because I'll take Andersons upside (the top notch defense in CF) anyday over Nick Swisher right now.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
oh i bet they would look a lot like his career avg., .219, just a wee bit higher than when he did play every day.

Can you tell me what Quentin's career MLB average was before this year. I am curious.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
how you can compare those two is beyond me.

He wasn't comparing the two, he made a point that you can't/won't respond to and you got owned.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
Can you tell me what Quentin's career MLB average was before this year. I am curious.

Doesn't matter. Whatever someone's career AVG is after ~400 AB's is what they hit for their career. Proven again and again.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)

The only reason I say that is that when BA got some consistent at bats, back when he got in the lineup a few times against Seattle, Baltimore, and Minnesota, and the week or two beforehand, he didn't look that bad. He actually had his average up near .300 for a while.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
Really? Let me know what that is...because I'll take Andersons upside (the top notch defense in CF) anyday over Nick Swisher right now.

Swisher's upside is he can play like a high level baseball player again, (sor of like he's done the last 2 season).

Anderson's upside is that he might stick as a backup outfielder.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
how you can compare those two is beyond me.

People are making a comment that Anderson would look better with some ABs, and you are throwing out his major league average on a kid with a small sample size. You know some guys look better after a second start. Anderson doesnt have the talent level that Q has, but to crap on a kid for a small sample size is a bit bad.