Maybe a solution to the hitting woes

wilmot825

The White Sox are in need of a bat that will produce and help them into the playoffs. Even though it is early, maybe starting early will build chemistry over a longer period of time for this team to work. So my soultion is this....

Trade Paul Konerko Danny Richar

TO

Cinn. for Ken Griffey Jr. and possible prospect

THEN

Swisher can play 1B (His natural position) and Griff can play CF (His natural position). KGJR can then flurrish again in the American League. Maybe this is far fetched to trade old for older but maybe this may spark everything the right way.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ May 31, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
The White Sox are in need of a bat that will produce and help them into the playoffs. Even though it is early, maybe starting early will build chemistry over a longer period of time for this team to work. So my soultion is this....

Trade Paul Konerko Danny Richar

TO

Cinn. for Ken Griffey Jr. and possible prospect

THEN

Swisher can play 1B (His natural position) and Griff can play CF (His natural position). KGJR can then flurrish again in the American League. Maybe this is far fetched to trade old for older but maybe this may spark everything the right way.

I am sure that Paul is going to waive his 5 and 10 no trade clause to go to Cincinnati. The fact that you would even entertain the though of putting a 40 year old in CF to run around, mind you one that has been hurt over and over the last few years. Sure moving from facing bad pitching in the NL to the good stuff in the AL is a formula for success expecially at the age that he is.

And the fact that you want to toss in Richar, because for some reason you are high on Getz. Wow

Actually the solution to the hitting woes is coming to town in the form of KC. Thats when things will turn around. They will get there bats going at that time and then the confidence will carry to the next series. We are in first place by 2 games and we have not hit yet. we will come home and things will warm up.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 05:17 AM)
Actually the solution to the hitting woes is coming to town in the form of KC. Thats when things will turn around. They will get there bats going at that time and then the confidence will carry to the next series. We are in first place by 2 games and we have not hit yet. we will come home and things will warm up.

Except the first game will be tough against Greinke. Until Lethal Weapon 3 gets going, this offense is in a lot of trouble.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (quickman @ May 31, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)

Greinke has a 2.88 ERA. So its not necessarily going to start on Monday. And after the Royals leave town its not exactly like the Twins are a bunch of stiffs pitching wise. Our hitting should get healthy when we face the Tigers. We face Colorado and Pittsburgh and all of them are horrible.

Hochevar 4.98 ERA 1.57 WHIP

Meche 5.35 ERA

Twins Series

Blackburn 3.39 ERA

hernandez 4.60 ERA

Slowey 3.38 ERA

Perkins 3.90 ERA

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ May 31, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
I guess my idea isn't too good, maybe it is just the fact I really like Ken Griffeyand want to see him in a Sox jersey. I thought maybe he would work well. It was just an idea...My bad

I'd like to see Ken Griffey in a Sox jersey too.

As the Hitting Coach :P