White Sox vs Tampa Bay road trip finale Sunday June 1st, 2008

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
when uribe starts playing instead of Alexei "because Uribe is not a defensive liability", i'll probably stop watching these games all together. i took some heat for bashing ozzie on this site, and today was a perfect example of why i think his baseball IQ and overall intelligence is rather lacking, he's just not smart.

I can't fathom how Alexei will NOT be playing nearly everyday. He has really improved...A LOT in a short time. The kid needs to be on the field. For as lacking in smarts as Ozzie is, I dont think he'd even think about sitting A-Ram

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
dont be so naive. there were roiders on every team, including your beloved Sox.

wow, what a brainless post.

i'm not naive, and i'm well aware we had guys on this team using PED's. but who the hell thinks they can toss around the PED arguement when they have absolutely no proof whatsoever of it? that's RIDICULOUS, and you should be ashamed of yourself as a sox fan, and of baseball in general to throw around comments like that just because your feelings are hurt that Swisher has sucked this year.

get real dude.

I hope no one pulls this "tip your cap to Tampa Bay pitching", atleast this afternoon. With all the opportunities we had to score runners, and all the failed opportunities, I'm not complimenting the Rays.

This is just becoming embarrassing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
Tuesday's a big game for the Sox. Greinke's possibly the filthiest righty in the AL. If the offense can have a good game against him, it sets up for a strong home stand.

my vote goes to Halladay, but they're both very good

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
my vote goes to Halladay, but they're both very good

He might not be the filthiest but it's getting to the point where I think Vaz at least deserves a mention.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
wow, what a brainless post.

i'm not naive, and i'm well aware we had guys on this team using PED's. but who the hell thinks they can toss around the PED arguement when they have absolutely no proof whatsoever of it? that's RIDICULOUS, and you should be ashamed of yourself as a sox fan, and of baseball in general to throw around comments like that just because your feelings are hurt that Swisher has sucked this year.

get real dude.

I think most people are past the stage of being offended by steriod accusations.You obviously are not.

# Ozzie just went nuts and threatened that Kenny Williams better do something by Tuesday. As angry as he's been this year. 30 minutes ago

A joe cowley twitter post, not exactly a beacon of journalism but lets see if something happens.

The quote Ozzie made in post game.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Ozzie on the offense after the Sunday loss … vintage Guillen. Earmuffs kids.

“There’s only one message I’m going to send. That’s all I’m going to talk. Just be ready because I expect movement Tuesday. I expect Kenny to do something Tuesday, and if we don’t do anything Tuesday, there are going to be a lot of lineup changes. That’s all I’m going to say about the offense.

“It can be me. It can be [hitting coach] Greg Walker. It can be the players. It could be anybody. I’m sick and tired to watch this thing for a year and a half. I’m not protecting anybody anymore. [bleep] it! If they can’t get it done, Kenny should find someone to get it done. That’s it.

“Another bad game. If we think we are going to win with the offense we have, we are full of [bleep]. I’m just being honest. I expect better from them, if they are in the lineup.’’

The Ozzie rant made it on ESPN and they had this comment, "They are a first place team right?" He is mad at the offense, but you have to believe the big bats will come through. I saw the highlights only of that last inning where Thome hustled all out for a double and gets to third only to be stranded for the lack of the flyball with less than 2 out and then a K.