So really?

whitesoxbrian

Just going off of the top of my head real quick...

Pitching Prospects I'd say are:

1. Poreda

2. Broadway

3. Egbert

4. Cassel

5. Ely

Hitting Prospects:

1. Fields

2. Richar (if you count 1 & 2)

3. Shelby

4. Cook

5. Getz

So yeah, it does not look very bright.

Personally I rank Shelby ahead of all of them. He is the #1 prospect in the organization in my opinion. This isn't what a generic scout would say and honestly if I were to truly rate a top 5 it would be Fields/Poreda/Broadway/Shelby/Richar and that says something (cause that is one truly s***ty top 5). Egbert based on his last night's start would knock Richar out of the list (but I'd like to see him further prove he's now 100%).

The system is barren and I did that list very quickly and may very well be missing some people.

Poreda is the only guy with super-star potential in the system and if I were going to peg a second guy it would be Shelby (the guy is a pure hitter with good power and athletism (but me calling him a super-star prospect is just me getting depserate because our system is that freaking bad). Broadway has a good chance of being a rock solid middle of the rotation starter (Radke type of guy). Egbert is a sinkerballer I absolutely love.

Hitting wise, Fields has massive power, but very little of anything else that excites me (this is my personal belief and I also believe the Sox should trade him for a much more all around prospect to a team that is looking for an upgrade at 3B (since Fields is technically ML ready; Slugging like he did last year makes him just that).

Cook is not a prospect (just want to point that out). Getz is a solid guy, but odds are he turns into a back-up infielder (if everything went well, Mark Grudzelanek type of guy).

Other guys of note for me offensively: Stephan Gartrell (I liked the guy since he was picked out of San Fran or whever the hell it was in Nor Cal; He's a very good athlete).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 06:35 PM)
Personally I rank Shelby ahead of all of them. He is the #1 prospect in the organization in my opinion. This isn't what a generic scout would say and honestly if I were to truly rate a top 5 it would be Fields/Poreda/Broadway/Shelby/Richar and that says something (cause that is one truly s***ty top 5). Egbert based on his last night's start would knock Richar out of the list (but I'd like to see him further prove he's now 100%).

The system is barren and I did that list very quickly and may very well be missing some people.

Poreda is the only guy with super-star potential in the system and if I were going to peg a second guy it would be Shelby (the guy is a pure hitter with good power and athletism (but me calling him a super-star prospect is just me getting depserate because our system is that freaking bad). Broadway has a good chance of being a rock solid middle of the rotation starter (Radke type of guy). Egbert is a sinkerballer I absolutely love.

Hitting wise, Fields has massive power, but very little of anything else that excites me (this is my personal belief and I also believe the Sox should trade him for a much more all around prospect to a team that is looking for an upgrade at 3B (since Fields is technically ML ready; Slugging like he did last year makes him just that).

Cook is not a prospect (just want to point that out). Getz is a solid guy, but odds are he turns into a back-up infielder (if everything went well, Mark Grudzelanek type of guy).

Other guys of note for me offensively: Stephan Gartrell (I liked the guy since he was picked out of San Fran or whever the hell it was in Nor Cal; He's a very good athlete).

I echo the Gartrell mention.

And I think if Getz turned into Grudz, we should be pretty happy.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
I see Getz on the big league squad at some point this year and as our backup IF next year. I wonder if he's got any ability to backup at 3B?

Well, he's been playing SS and LF, I think he could play a little 3B. Hopefully if we send Wass down, Getz will "getz" the call.