Blackhawks Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
If Keith continues to play like this, he will be worth way more than 4 a year, plus, those two numbers to Toews/Kane are way low.

PLUS, you're talking about adding either Hossa or Campbell this season, as well as Miller next year. To get those guys, it's 4-5 year commitments, at least. Welcome to Tampa Bay.

It's possible, but if we put 4+ a year in front of him during the season, he'd bite, IMO. And, the numbers on Toews and Kane aren't low. Sure, they had nice years, 1 over 60 points and the other over 70, but there's no way 1 or the other deserves more than Malkin (.98) or equal to Iginla (7).

Actually, my last post on who I wanted was Liles and Malone, which would cost us around 7 or 8. I finally realized that investing our whole cap space into 1 guy would be a dumb move, because of the fact that we need a good forward AND a good PP QB, not just the best of either one. And Miller will be 4.5 at the most a year, so it's not like it'll be be 6 like Khabby got.

Let's say we sign Liles and Malone. Liles at 3 a year, Malone at 3. We will then have 18.75 cap space going into next offseason, which isn't including the potential resigning of Ladd this offseason, as he is a RFA. Let's say we don't resign him, so it's 17.75.

Miller at 4 a year

Kane at 5 a year

Toews at 5 a year

Keith at 4.75 a year

Bingo.

And, we could have an even bigger cap room next offseason as Brouwer, Berti, Eager, Dowell, Bolland, and Barker are all RFA's (except I think we'll give Barker about $1 a year for 2 years, as he's struggled but is only 21 y.o.).

Edited by whitesoxbrian