Wade to Bulls rumors

What is up with this holding Wade out for another season? Didn't the Heat shut him down late to essentially assure he'd be 100% by seasons end? I don't follow the heat religiously, but am I missing something. Did he reinjure his shoulder or anything along those lines?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
What is up with this holding Wade out for another season? Didn't the Heat shut him down late to essentially assure he'd be 100% by seasons end? I don't follow the heat religiously, but am I missing something. Did he reinjure his shoulder or anything along those lines?

I think there are still questions about his health, but nobody (except maybe the Heat) knows the true situation. Iirc, he was playing injured almost the entire year. Since he didn't recover over the previous offseason, and he was worked pretty hard while still injured (they shut him down, but it was pretty late in the year, and he still played 51 games with heavy minutes), some are wondering if he'll have enough time to recover this offseason.

Basically, if he's at the same point (healthwise) now that he was last offseason (which is a plausible guess, given his workload), you'd think that if he couldn't recover last offseason, he probably won't be able to this year, either.

I'm not saying he will or will not be 100% healthy (I have no idea) -- just that it's a fair concern.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 12:56 PM)
The upside to possibly keeping Wade out for another season is that the Bulls add yet another lottery pick (most likely) and then are monstrously stacked when Wade returns in 2009-2010. Maybe we get lucky and land a Brandon Jennings?

Jennings

Wade

Deng

Beasley

Noah

Damn, that team would be sick...

For some reason, it doesn't make sense for the Heat to trade Wade and the #2 pick for the #1. If I were them, I would rather keep Wade and have him play with Beasely or Rose, whomever we don't draft.

I have to believe they would want to trade Wade for the #1 pick so they could get first two picks.

If this does happen, I do NOT want to see Starr Jones at the UC.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
For some reason, it doesn't make sense for the Heat to trade Wade and the #2 pick for the #1. If I were them, I would rather keep Wade and have him play with Beasely or Rose, whomever we don't draft.

I have to believe they would want to trade Wade for the #1 pick so they could get first two picks.

If this does happen, I do NOT want to see Starr Jones at the UC.

There are only 3 ways that the logic would make sense for the Heat.

1. They're extremely high on Rose compared to Beasley...so much so that they think Rose is massively ahead of everyone else in the draft and is going to rapidly be a top 5 NBA player.

2. They think Wade will never be the same again because of some injury that they know about.

3. They've been told that Wade will not stay with them when he becomes a FA in 2010, so a swap like this would give them a chance to overhaul their roster and pick up a useable contract or two along with a player (Gooden, Hughes, Hinrich, etc.)

Wade for Hughes and the 1st.

Would anyone do that (would be fairly close cap wise)?

Hinrich

Wade

Deng

Gooden

Noah

The Bulls could try getting a trade exception from dealing Gordon also possibly.

I suppose the lure of having Hinrich and Wade in the same backcourt, Wade would be ballhandling a lot from the SG spot.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)

Hinrich

Wade

Deng

Gooden

Noah

The Bulls could try getting a trade exception from dealing Gordon also possibly.

I suppose the lure of having Hinrich and Wade in the same backcourt, Wade would be ballhandling a lot from the SG spot.

Getting Rid of Hughes and obtaining wade at the same time? As much as I love Rose, I would be super pissed if Pax did not do a deal like that if it were available.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Yes. Anyone affiliated with the heat would.

Noone else in their right mind would.

Hughes is a me first overrated injury prone SG with a horrible shooting %.

Can't see why if the Bulls had a chance to deal him and get a superstar in return, why they wouldn't do it.

The Heat also have Marion's expiring contract after this season, so they could be major players in FA from the next off-season.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)

I would probably do this as a Bulls fan... but if people are talking about things like Wade missing a good chunk of next season, that'd depend a lot on his health status and physical.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)

Hinrich

Wade

Deng

Gooden

Noah

I'd do it if the Bulls could than move Gooden and Gordon to the Clippers for Elton Brand (possibly include the trade exception). Hinrich/Wade/Deng/Brand/Noah (TT/SEF/Noc off the bench).

Sounds like a good trade for both sides DBAHO.

I would then hope the Heat would deal Haslem to your Magic for your 1st and whatever filler needed.

Heat:

PG. Rose

SG. DQ Cook/Hughes

SF. Wright/Beasley

PF. Beasley/Alexander Johnson

C. Blount/Robin Lopez

I'm not sure what to do about Marion though, doubt he would be crazy about playing SF in that lineup in year 1.

I wouldnt do that trade. Wade is to much of an unknown commodity, cant risk the future on an injured superstar.

For all we know Wade will never get back to his former level, and we traded a potentially better younger player for him.

If the Bulls get Wade it has to be at an extreme discount (number 1 selection is not a huge discount especially considering Beasley and Rose are head and shoulders the best in the class and Beasley arguably would have gone over Durant last year as well) and it has to involve the Bulls getting the 2 pick in this years draft.

Now I have no problem with them sending a few things plus the 1, but they have to get back Wade and the 2. Beasley + Wade is what I would want.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
Hughes is a me first overrated injury prone SG with a horrible shooting %.

Can't see why if the Bulls had a chance to deal him and get a superstar in return, why they wouldn't do it.

So are you saying Hughes for Wade straight up?? :huh:

If so, then what you're saying makes sense.

If you're saying Hughes AND THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK IN THE NBA DRAFT for Wade, then no, it doesn't make sense.

Listen, if you could guarantee that it is the pre-injury superstar Wade the Bulls are getting, than by all means, you take the sure-bet over the gamble that is the number one draft pick. But you CANNOT know for sure what Wade you're getting, so why take TWO gambles, on Wade's health AND Rose blowing up into a younger, better superstar for another team?? Why potentially set the heat up for dominance for the next 10 years or so in your own conference when you can possibly do it for your own team?? It just doesn't make sense...

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
Sounds like a good trade for both sides DBAHO.

I would then hope the Heat would deal Haslem to your Magic for your 1st and whatever filler needed.

Heat:

PG. Rose

SG. DQ Cook/Hughes

SF. Wright/Beasley

PF. Beasley/Alexander Johnson

C. Blount/Robin Lopez

I'm not sure what to do about Marion though, doubt he would be crazy about playing SF in that lineup in year 1.

Redick and the 22nd for Haslem I would do in an instance. Not sure if Miami would go for that though.

That's dependent on us resigning Mo Evans though.

Rose and Beasley to build around, and then with Marion's expiring contract, the Heat could go after Melo / LeBron in 2010.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
So are you saying Hughes for Wade straight up?? :huh:

If so, then what you're saying makes sense.

If you're saying Hughes AND THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK IN THE NBA DRAFT for Wade, then no, it doesn't make sense.

Listen, if you could guarantee that it is the pre-injury superstar Wade the Bulls are getting, than by all means, you take the sure-bet over the gamble that is the number one draft pick. But you CANNOT know for sure what Wade you're getting, so why take TWO gambles, on Wade's health AND Rose blowing up into a younger, better superstar for another team?? Why potentially set the heat up for dominance for the next 10 years or so in your own conference when you can possibly do it for your own team?? It just doesn't make sense...

No definitely not Hughes for Wade straight up (unless you're Kevin McHale trading with Boston here).

Wade gives you 25 points a game, and is a top 5 player in the league. palehosefan will probably know more, but Wade to me wasn't as injured as people were making out, and just because of Miami's record, there was no real point of playing him towards the end of the season. And he's only 25-26, not even hit his prime argubly yet.

What if Rose becomes the next Baron Davis? Good but not great by any means. Could very well happen.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
No definitely not Hughes for Wade straight up (unless you're Kevin McHale trading with Boston here).

Wade gives you 25 points a game, and is a top 5 player in the league. palehosefan will probably know more, but Wade to me wasn't as injured as people were making out, and just because of Miami's record, there was no real point of playing him towards the end of the season. And he's only 25-26, not even hit his prime argubly yet.

What if Rose becomes the next Baron Davis? Good but not great by any means. Could very well happen.

And he could be the next Kidd with a better jumper.

So it becomes Wade for and swap 1st rounder picks.

Sight unseen, Team A offers a player of great talent, but with a history of imjuries, for one of your players, and then you have the second overall pick in the draft. I'd take it before I knew the player's involved. As long as you were getting the edge in the player trade. Drafting is an art, not a science.

Going into the lottery, everyone in the Bulls world would have loved the #2 pick.

And if Wade is injured, the loss is more the player traded, not as much the draft pick swap.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 03:30 AM)
I wouldnt mind doing a trade that would land us Wade and Beasley instead of Rose.... but to give up the draft pick without getting theirs to me is a no go.

If we got Wade and Beasley we would be a playoff team that day, immediately. That would be a dumb move by the Heat and a brilliant move by Pax.