6/3 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
When has Gavin had the opportunity to learn how to pitch with a decent lead?

Never. Then again, that wasnt my point. The thing I noticed in Cleveland and this game is he is rolling, totally in control then 2 or 3 batters hit rockets...then just like a switch Floyd shuts it off. What I've noticed (and it's not the end of the world) with a couple Gavin outings (specifically the last two) has nothing to do with whether or not he has a large lead.

In response to a post earlier about the Sox not having any fun while winning, it has nothing to do with Guillen, it has to do with the team being tight because every game is a nail biter.

Konerko and Thome are an utter disgrace for the amount of money they are making. $27M down the drain.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
How bad are our 'super sluggers' right now?? At least Thome's salary will come off the books after this season

He'd have to actually sit a few games to keep that option from vesting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
He'd have to actually sit a few games to keep that option from vesting.

I don't see how KW and Ozzie will let that option vest. He will have some days off soon, or else I really am completely baffled with our leadership. Well actually, I am either way, but still.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
Why would you use Dotel with a 4 run lead?

We're tryin to see how fast we can get his arm to fall into pieces. Apparently Oz thinks its best to use Dotel in every game, regardless of the situation.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 03:09 AM)
I came back on to ask the same thing. Masset should have finished this game off.

I would have liked to see Boone in the 8th. Gordon is great against righties, and now they're a hit away from getting the tying run to the plate.