6/3 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, WCIU

knightni

This would of been my lineup. This would give us 1-5 guys who have been hitting this year. We could have some contiguous ABs with that lineup.

Cabrera SS

Ramirez 2B

Quentin LF

Dye RF

AJ C

Konerko 1b

Thome DH

Crede 3b

Swisher CF

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:22 PM)
I'm predicting the lineup will break out tonight and get a bunch of hits... and I'm predicting we'll get more hits (x 1000) than tonight's attendance. For instance 16 hits = 16000 ... will be higher than tonight's attendance.

I'll take you up on that bet. The question is- what are we going to bet?

We'll have a great series hitting, then play MIN and get a combined 12 hits in the series.

I don't care what line up Ozzie uses as long as we win. All you can ask is for a player or players to do their best. I believe that no one wants to do good and win games more than Konerko, Thome, Dye, Swisher, et al on the Sox roster. I hope to catch the game on XM tonight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
Hell then, if you're not going to play Anderson today, take Alexei and put him in CF and stick Uribe at 2nd. Uribe's actually 5/16 with a homer and a .915 OPS against Greinke in his career. (Swisher is 2/5 with 2 k's). Or play swisher and sit Konerko and his 3/28 career against Greinke. Or hell, at least do SOMETHING different.

I would like to see Uribe back in there too, but Ramirez hasn't been so bad as a replacement. Maybe Ozzie feels like he deserves to be in there?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
I would like to see Uribe back in there too, but Ramirez hasn't been so bad as a replacement. Maybe Ozzie feels like he deserves to be in there?

Alexei having earned playing time...I'm fine with that. But seriously, the big changes, the big move that's going to shake this team up is to move Dye down in the order? I'd rather just see something unexpected than the same old thing over and over again. If guys aren't performing then at least pretend to give them more time off or something.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
According to Bruce Levine, people close to Ozzie said he spent the last 48 hours contemplating if he still wanted this job. Obviously, he must have decided that he does.

He does that every year.

OC, SS; AJ, C; Q, LF; PK, 1B; Thome, DH; Dye, RF; Swish, CF; Crede, 3B; Ramirez, 2B. Floyd pitching.

Insane lineup Ozzie, you're crazy.

EDIT: already posted, nvm me

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
According to Bruce Levine, people close to Ozzie said he spent the last 48 hours contemplating if he still wanted this job. Obviously, he must have decided that he does.

same old song...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)

i love this guy - tough to find a first place coach thinking about packing it in. He hates losing and knows this team is better than its playing.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
i love this guy - tough to find a first place coach thinking about packing it in. He hates losing and knows this team is better than its playing.

Agreed 100%. I'm sure most others will just call him a drama queen and ask for his head.

I'm honestly looking forward to Guillen if the offense looks terrible tonight. Not that it's unreasonable to expect that with Greinke, but it'd be especially bad since he promised lineup changes, didn't deliver, and nothing changed.

What a flip-flop from him on the pregame show. Talking about not throwing Williams "under the bus?!" Does he think we're idiots?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:06 AM)
I'm honestly looking forward to Guillen if the offense looks terrible tonight. Not that it's unreasonable to expect that with Greinke, but it'd be especially bad since he promised lineup changes, didn't deliver, and nothing changed.

What a flip-flop from him on the pregame show. Talking about not throwing Williams "under the bus?!" Does he think we're idiots?

Boo birds will be out tonight if the offense struggles.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)

Please. How many times do we have to hear about Ozzie thinking about quitting? 2005,2006,2007 and now 2008. He was going to quit 3 times then signed a 4 year extension. Ozzie thinking about quitting is full of more s*** than anyone who thinks the White Sox can win with this offense.Any manager thinking about quitting during the season when the team is struggling a little bit isn't all that tough of a guy. Measure a manager by how he handles the tough times. Anyone can handle it when everything is bouncing your way.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
Please. How many times do we have to hear about Ozzie thinking about quitting? 2005,2006,2007 and now 2008. He was going to quit 3 times then signed a 4 year extension. Ozzie thinking about quitting is full of more s*** than anyone who thinks the White Sox can win with this offense.Any manager thinking about quitting during the season when the team is struggling a little bit isn't all that tough of a guy. Measure a manager by how he handles the tough times. Anyone can handle it when everything is bouncing your way.

I don't think he returns after this season if we don't make the playoffs.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)

Idle threats eventually catch up to you. It will be interesting to see the team's disposition tonight. I read where the talk among the scouts is the White Sox are a team that is not having fun. That when they win they appeared more relieved than happy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Another horrible defensive play by one of the most overrated Sox players in history. I agree with Tony, Javy might be the most underrated now.

they gave grudz the hit I think...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Another horrible defensive play by one of the most overrated Sox players in history. I agree with Tony, Javy might be the most underrated now.

couldnt agree more