6/3 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
I don't think he returns after this season if we don't make the playoffs.

Hopefully he takes Kenny with him. Kenny has no excuse for the minor league situation right now, and the future of the organization looks to be in big trouble.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Hopefully he takes Kenny with him. Kenny has no excuse for the minor league situation right now, and the future of the organization looks to be in big trouble.

Just wait til we draft a guy who would be available in the 3rd round, in the first round cuz he will be easy to sign.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Well, overrated or not, I'm ALWAYS gonna love Joe for 2005.

I'm gonna always love Shingo for the 3 months or whatever he was with team for in 2005 as well... I'm going to love everyone on the team who played even the least of everyone. Hell, I love Ryan Meaux for getting us Blum.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:17 AM)
Well, overrated or not, I'm ALWAYS gonna love Joe for 2005.

Of course....I'll always have a special place in my heart for guys like Pods, no matter what they did outside of that postseason.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:19 AM)
I'm gonna always love Shingo for the 3 months or whatever he was with team for in 2005 as well... I'm going to love everyone on the team who played even the least of everyone. Hell, I love Ryan Meaux for getting us Blum.

Awesome Meaux comment!

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Just wait til we draft a guy who would be available in the 3rd round, in the first round cuz he will be easy to sign.

I'm willing to insult our organization much as the next person for their issues with drafting and developing even average players, but there's no way they overdraft that much.

Even if we pass on Alvarez (which I'll be upset with), it won't be the difference in talent that, say, Rick Porcello to Aaron Poreda provided. It'll instead be the difference of Wallace/Beckham/Smoak/whomever else around that slot and Alvarez.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
Babe Hamilton homered again, at least it was against Indians.

That trade really worked out for both teams. However, I think I'd prever Volquez due to the fact he's younger and doesn't have the drug/health concerns, plus he plays the more important position.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
I'm willing to insult our organization much as the next person for their issues with drafting and developing even average players, but there's no way they overdraft that much.

Even if we pass on Alvarez (which I'll be upset with), it won't be the difference in talent that, say, Rick Porcello to Aaron Poreda provided. It'll instead be the difference of Wallace/Beckham/Smoak/whomever else around that slot and Alvarez.

if there is ever a year to go over slot...this is the year as we dont have a 2nd rounder, so why not use the extra money to throw it at a guy like pedro

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Wow, that's crazy power.

All he did was give the ball a love tap and it flew over 330 ft to right field.

he got a pretty good rip on it

Edited by daa84