Trivia Qs

knightni

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)

Ok. I know where I screwed up here now. Who was it? Andy Hawkins of the Yankees that lost an 8 inning no-hitter at Old Comiskey ... Seems like Ozzie hit one to left the was an error with bases loaded and 3 scored on the play. That was the game I thinking of.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
As of Friday Josh Hamilton has 91 rbi's heading into the ASB, there are only 4 guys who had a higher total.

Name one.

hack wilson....though there was no all star break back then, but at this point during his season i would think he would have

and also hank greenberg had some enormous RBI seasons so ill guess him

Edited by daa84

Heres 4:

Which baseball player wore a cabbage leaf under his hat?

Who was the only baseball player traded for himself?

Which player struck out 5 batters in an inning (think White Sox ;))?

Name the only player to hit for the home run cycle (can be minor leaguer), also which mlb player recently came the closest and how close?

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Wow, that is one hell of a person to wear a cabbage leaf under his hat. Second off, how in the hell did you know these random facts?

I retain a lot of useless baseball knowledge, and have several trivia books.

Only question I didnt know was the home run cycle one, was always curious if anyone ever accomplished it. Figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone knew the answer, found it though.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
Can you recommend some of those books. I love stuff like that and as a kid used to read random fact books (and was always intrigued by crap like that).

This book Baffling Baseball Trivia contains more situational stories from the game, the link is a preview. Not so much a stat book but interesting stories.

MLB Book of Fabulous Facts and Trivia

MLB Fact Book they update this every year, so I'm sure there is a newer version out.

Some of the better ones I have. Theres always baseball-reference.com too.

This is a trivia forum, hard to navigate though http://www.baseball-fever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11