Bo Knows...Dont tell Anyone

TCQ

I've served coffee to Jim Thome, and my buddy has made his sandwich at Jimmy Johns a few times. I used to see Buehrle at The Neutral Zone in Westmont, but I think he moved away from this area recently. I've partied with Bo Jackson's son a few times, he's a year younger than I am and went to high school with some friends of mine. My other buddy ran into Ozzie in the bathroom of the United Center during a boxing match a few years back, said he saw Urlacher there too.

Thome lives in a pretty modest house in Hinsdale, not gated or anything, and he walks out and gets the paper just like anyone else.

It's fun to see some of your favorite players in the wild.

Edited by PlunketChris

Juan Uribe - After a Sox game that he didn't play in. He was driving next to us in his black BMW and we saw people yelling at him so we moved to see who it was and what do ya know, Juan Uribe. I take it he was driving to the airport.

Scott Radinsky used to live down the block from my parents... :gosoxretro:

And if we're talking about just Chicago athletes/personalities, Tom Dore lives near my parents too. Used to run into him at the Dominicks (now it's a Garden Fresh Market) all the time. Last year, I took portrait photos of the Main West Feter basketball team and he was the coach of the 7th grade squad. Real nice fella. Never realized how large of a man he is. I guess standing next to Red Kerr all these years, he doesn't look nearly as huge as he is.

Edited by bschmaranz

Met lots of football and basketball players when I went to the U of O. Some of the bigger names I met, Haloti Ngata (plays for the ravens) Joey Harrington, Reuben Droughns, Basketball players- Freddy Jones- plays for the Knicks, Luke Ridinour- Sonics , and had a beer with Luke Jackson- lottery pick by the Cavs in '05, now in the NBDL

I saw uribe cruising in his range rover after a cubs vs. sox game at the cell, also saw tadahito with his translator and some girl in a car being chauferred around. going along the lines of what bighurtforlife said I've met some b-ball players in college: Chase Budinger, Jerryd Bayless, and Luke Walton comes down a lot to play with the guys. Looking forward to chillin with Brandon Jennings next yr.

players' wives came in to my place of work a couple weeks ago...I work at a winery. Mrs. Buehrle, Thornton, Walker and Pierzynski I believe. I was off that day, but cried open tears when I found out the next day.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
My mom was in an elevator with Carl Everett and Tom Gordon at the Skydome. She said they were very nice, even if she told Flash that he let the game get a little too close.

Only a mom could get away with that. LOL

I used to work at a towing company and I got a call to tow a Hummer, turns out it was Bo Jackson broken down on the side of the road. I gave him a ride back to his house and he showed me his bikes, plus a $50 dollar tip. He's a cool guy.

We once stayed at the same hotel as the Sox in the 90s, while they were in KC. Met Tim Raines, Dale Sveum and Ron Karkovice on 3 separate occasions in the hotel lobby. I also was in the elevator with Greg Hibbard. I also met Warren Newson and the Hawk on the same trip. My parents saw Roberto Hernandez and Frank Thomas in the hotel bar.

My sister-in-law's friend used to work in the marketing dept. for the Sox. Used to go out drinking with Scott Sanderson, Robin, Ozzie & Steve Sax. and Kirk McCaskill.

My brother bumped into Jamie Burke at the Neutral Zone in Westmont. I guess he was living with Buehrle at the time.

We saw Ron Kittle at a St. John, Indiana bar on a Sunday afternoon. It's our softball sponsor and we always go there after our games. We decided to not bother him and sent over a drink. He came by on his way out. He was on his way back up from visiting his daughter at Indiana State, I believe. Oh yeah, he bought us a round before he left.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
ive had a remarkable stretch of running into sports figures in airports.....sat next to jerry krause waiting for a flight, was behind bob costas in secruity line, saw hunter hillenmeyer, bruce weber, waited in line to board the plane with brian urlachers brother casey, all this in the last 2 or 3 years

about 6 months when the cavs were in boston i ran into drew gooden, donyell marshall, daniel gibson at some bar...

oh haha my brother was driving next to hester in his pimpmobile with the LV logos the other day

I saw Krause trying to squirm his way to cut in line at O'Hare, so not only is he fat/ugly but he is also a jerk trying to cut the line and be an ass about it...he was wearing a "fabulous" beret also...

I have seen Konerko out at a bar, Howry lives near me...saw Kerry Wood and fam at a bar/restaurant a week ago...

Oh I also partied at the NBA Draft party at a club in NY with Carmello, Kurt Hinrich, etc. (it was a pre NBA draft party with a modeling agency) a pretty awesome night. We had a corporate party in the same club was an interesting mix once the corporates and the NBA player/model party merged.

Went to a Sox game one afternoon and the Bulls game later that night and Karko was a few rows behind us.

In 2005 Willie Harris took a picture of Carl Everett and I together in the food court at a San Diego mall.

In 2006 I stay at the Sox's hotel in Cincy. Crede was a couple rooms down from us and I had Jose sign a ball for me at the bar. Saw a bunch of players while waiting for the elevator.

Edited by santo=dorf