6/4 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:52 AM)
I expect a thread about the lack of velocity, he continuing decline, or how we need to replace him.

He really has to start mixing up his pitch selection on the first pitch. His fastball is not his best pitch anymore, and it's pretty average for a reliever.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
I expect a thread about the lack of velocity, he continuing decline, or how we need to replace him.

Well, I AM concerned about the strikeout/IP ratio to be honest.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:53 AM)
So who wants to say that Alexei not touching home came back to kill us? haha

I want to watch the game but so drawn to the S Cup

If PK was where he's supposed to be, maybe he would have known to go back and touch the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
If PK was where he's supposed to be, maybe he would have known to go back and touch the plate.

Alexei saw the ump didn't signal anything and could of done it on his own.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
He really has to start mixing up his pitch selection on the first pitch. His fastball is not his best pitch anymore, and it's pretty average for a reliever.

His fastball is moving down. They are hitting the ball on the ground. Its not like they hit laser beams off of him. The hardest hit was a bouncer that was pounded 3 feet in front of the plate.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:55 AM)
His fastball is moving down. They are hitting the ball on the ground. Its not like they hit laser beams off of him. The hardest hit was a bouncer that was pounded 3 feet in front of the plate.

The DeJesus at bat was one where he needed to try and get the strike out though instead of giving him that first pitch to hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)

While Buck simply proceeds to turn around and tag Alexei out. Give me a break.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)

Alexei thought he was safe. He wouldnt of moved into the dugout, took off his helmet and high fived a guy if he though the play was still active.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 02:57 AM)

The ball tricked away from Buck, there was still time to go back and touch the plate. The job for the on deck hitter is to get behind the catcher (first base side) and point to where the hitter needs to slide to. If you look at the replay, PK was on the 3rd base side still. It all happened so quickly though, it's just fundamentals that you hope they learn from.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
The ball tricked away from Buck, there was still time to go back and touch the plate. The job for the on deck hitter is to get behind the catcher (first base side) and point to where the hitter needs to slide to. If you look at the replay, PK was on the 3rd base side still. It all happened so quickly though, it's just fundamentals that you hope they learn from.

I don't understand the ump in that situation. The minute the runner abandons the field, he is out. You give him time to make it back to the plate, but the minute he leaves the field of play the ump can call him out.

I still remember that game in Tampa where we lost 1-0 in 04, but had bases loaded, 2 outs, Olivo up with a 3-1 count. Piniella goes to the mound and the next two pitches are sliders away in the dirt and Olivo swung over both of them.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
I don't understand the ump in that situation. The minute the runner abandons the field, he is out. You give him time to make it back to the plate, but the minute he leaves the field of play the ump can call him out.

Maybe this is the way you'd like it to be, but it's not how it is.