All Things Probama

NorthSideSox72

There's a reason you won't hear that from the mainstream media. It would be a pretty silly thing for them to report. To say, for instance, that he's leading in MI because of a single poll that gave him a 3 point edge there would be somewhat presumptuous

Obama has a narrow national lead in most polls--that is something worth reporting.

I like RCP maps a bit better, since they average polls:

(not counting toss-up states)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...bama_vs_mccain/

(counting toss-ups)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma..._mccain/?map=10

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
There's a reason you won't hear that from the mainstream media. It would be a pretty silly thing for them to report. To say, for instance, that he's leading in MI because of a single poll that gave him a 3 point edge there would be somewhat presumptuous

Obama has a narrow national lead in most polls--that is something worth reporting.

I like RCP maps a bit better, since they average polls:

(not counting toss-up states)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...bama_vs_mccain/

(counting toss-ups)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma..._mccain/?map=10

dude, thanks for the link. i didnt even KNOW they had maps on RCP. SWEET! :headbang

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
Funny in 2004 the Democrats all told me that chaging your mind was a good thing, and it meant you were open to new lines of thought...

And Republicans told me that it was a sign of weakness.

Flip-Flopping is OK if you are willing to explain the reasons WHY you flipped. Simply changing your stance for no reason and not explaining is a flip flop. It is also often precieved as political pandering if you dont explain WHY you flipped. "Half-assed" reasons also dont apply. (see John McCains flip on the tax cuts. He says it has help the economy.)

I have alwasy said I am willing to change my opinion if there is a good enough reason to say so.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Okay, now, calling Bill Clinton our first black president was a cute, witty little remark. But why does everyone beat these things to death? This is ridiculous:

“In many ways, he really will be the first woman president,” Megan Beyer of Virginia, a charter member of Women for Obama, told reporters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/opinion/15faludi.html

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)
Okay, now, calling Bill Clinton our first black president was a cute, witty little remark. But why does everyone beat these things to death? This is ridiculous:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/opinion/15faludi.html

well, he wasnt the first woman-izer president, that's for sure!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
Katrina-

Bush watches from a plane

McCain votes AGAINST investigations.

Iowa Floods -

McCain "prays" from a distance

Obama rolls up the sleeves and helps

Oh for crying out loud. It's called a PHOTO OP. Give it a rest, Obamatron 2008, Model Athomeboy_2000. :D

also an email that was sent out to myBo users:

We need your help right now.

In Quincy, Illinois and surrounding areas, the river is expected to crest on Monday or Tuesday.

There are emergency sandbagging operations going on right now and public officials have put out a call for all available volunteers. Your help is desperately needed.

The widespread flooding in the Midwest has affected millions of people. We have an opportunity to use our grassroots movement to make a real impact at a time of urgent need.

If you can assist, please travel to one of these areas this weekend:

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
Obama cares more then anyone else, ever, running for political office.

I'm glad.

well no, but considering the incredible organization and coordinating ability with volunteers that Obama's campaign has, I think it's great they are using that to help the people of Illinois and Iowa. This whole thing is a mess, I pray for those people.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 06:24 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I agree with that point. But, it's amazing to me how this guy is "perfect" in every sense of the word to some people.

I think we're just excited.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 14, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Katrina-

Bush watches from a plane

McCain votes AGAINST investigations.

Iowa Floods -

McCain "prays" from a distance

Obama rolls up the sleeves and helps

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
well no, but considering the incredible organization and coordinating ability with volunteers that Obama's campaign has, I think it's great they are using that to help the people of Illinois and Iowa. This whole thing is a mess, I pray for those people.

Aha! I knew it!

McCain's prayer: Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy low tax on capital gains, thy Kingdom come, Social Security undone (or not -- I'll get back to you), on earth, as we know there are no hand-outs in Heaven. Give us this day our midday nap, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Even Mexicans, a little. (Except for Cornyn, that f***ing chicken s***.) And lead us not into deliberations that go on and on and zzzzzzzzzzzzz...but deliver us from evil. I mean, you already did us a solid on that one with Hillary, and I appreciate it. Amen.

The Flip-Flop Express Rolls On (Check out this blog. It's AWESOME)...

"One of the things I've never tried to do is exploit my Vietnam service to my country because it would be totally inappropriate to do," McCain once said....

He proceeded to do just that, responding to charges of being a carpetbagger with, "Listen, pal. My father was in the Navy and we moved around a lot. So now that I think about it, place I've lived the longest is Hanoi," and in the ensuing 26 years he has continued to exploit that experience, culminating with his first ad for the general election....

And of course we all remember his "vote for me, I was a POW" sympathy ad...

Talk about shamelessly using your military service to scrounge up sympathy votes... of course, after he said he never would because "it would be totally inappropriate to do".

A flip flop.. in his very own words.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 15, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
Aha! I knew it!

McCain's prayer: Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy low tax on capital gains, thy Kingdom come, Social Security undone (or not -- I'll get back to you), on earth, as we know there are no hand-outs in Heaven. Give us this day our midday nap, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Even Mexicans, a little. (Except for Cornyn, that f***ing chicken s***.) And lead us not into deliberations that go on and on and zzzzzzzzzzzzz...but deliver us from evil. I mean, you already did us a solid on that one with Hillary, and I appreciate it. Amen.

:lolhitting

Nice one.

Is Edwards back in the VP fold??

ABC News' Mary Bruce reports: 2004 Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards this morning left open the possibility of a second run for the position. "I'd take anything he [Obama] asked me to think about seriously," Edwards explained in a "This Week" interview with George Stephanopoulos.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
Is Edwards back in the VP fold??

ABC News' Mary Bruce reports: 2004 Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards this morning left open the possibility of a second run for the position. "I'd take anything he [Obama] asked me to think about seriously," Edwards explained in a "This Week" interview with George Stephanopoulos.

Heh, this reminds me of this morning when they were showing how Tim Russert would ask all these politicians if they were running for president, and they all were saying "no." Of course they did later.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
Heh, this reminds me of this morning when they were showing how Tim Russert would ask all these politicians if they were running for president, and they all were saying "no." Of course they did later.

Just like that guy at the top of the Democratic ticket who wasn't running :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
Just like that guy at the top of the Democratic ticket who wasn't running :lol:

When they showed him he asked "Is it fair to say you're thinking about running in '08?" and he said "it's fair." (they left us to assume that he had just said "no" in the previous question.) Everybody else was a categorical "no" though. Nobody wanted to come clean.