All Things Probama

NorthSideSox72

Cindy McCain caught plagiarizing AGAIN! They try to make her seem "down home", but forget she is worth over $100 million and probably never really cooks.

Another crack is showing in the McCain campaign's attempts at crafting a down-home image.

The campaign contributed a recipe to Parents magazine, "Cindy McCain's Oatmeal-Butterscotch Cookies." However, it looks like it was copied directly from the Hershey's site.

The McCain campaign previously got caught copying some other recipes, purportedly from Cindy McCain herself, off of the Food Network's site. Just try to imagine the outpouring of pundit outrage and ridicule if a Dem did something like this once, let alone twice.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
Cindy McCain caught plagiarizing AGAIN! They try to make her seem "down home", but forget she is worth over $100 million and probably never really cooks.

Here is what I want know. Who in their right mind is so obsessed with trying to bring down John McCain that they spend time checking his wife's f***ing cookie recipes against various other recipe sites?

I mean come on. Who the f*** cares?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
Here is what I want know. Who in their right mind is so obsessed with trying to bring down John McCain that they spend time checking his wife's f***ing cookie recipes against various other recipe sites?

I mean come on. Who the f*** cares?

that's an interesting point. it is kind of scary that someone is RESEARCHING THIS! THere are more important things to worry about than cookies!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
i didnt research it. just thought it was funny she got busted twice. Reporters really need to find other things to worry about.

Let me lay this out for you. Reporters work for news agencies or networks. News agencies and networks are businesses. Businesses need to make money. Media businesses make money by drawing viewers/readers/clicks. You viewed, you read, you clicked, you cited.

YOU are why that sort of thing gets researched.

Without you, and others who gobble up that sort of thing (which to me is little more than Celebrity Gossip - The Political Version), this sort of thing would flop on impact, and die a quick and appropriate death.

Ugh.

Obama on the internet..

During his speech on economic competitiveness today, in Flint MI, Barack Obama proposed that every American should have access to high speed broadband Internet service.

“As part of this commitment to infrastructure, we need to upgrade our digital superhighway as well. When I looked at that map of the world mounted on the screen at Google, I was struck at first by the light generated by Internet searches coming from every corner of the earth,” Obama said.

“But then I was struck by the darkness. Huge chunks of Africa and parts of Asia where the light of the information revolution has yet to shine. And then I noticed portions of the United States where the thick cords of light dissolved into a few discrete strands. It is unacceptable that here, in the country that invented the Internet, we fell to 15th in the world in broadband deployment,” he continued.

an interesting take near the bottom of the article..

McCain supports the telecom companies, saying last month, “When you control the pipe you should be able to get profit from your investment.” Obama supports net neutrality legislation, and judging from his remarks today, views the Internet not in terms of a profit making tool, but as an information network that is critical to America’s global competitiveness. While McCain is out to protect corporations, Obama wants to build a more globally competitive America.
Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Let me lay this out for you. Reporters work for news agencies or networks. News agencies and networks are businesses. Businesses need to make money. Media businesses make money by drawing viewers/readers/clicks. You viewed, you read, you clicked, you cited.

YOU are why that sort of thing gets researched.

Without you, and others who gobble up that sort of thing (which to me is little more than Celebrity Gossip - The Political Version), this sort of thing would flop on impact, and die a quick and appropriate death.

Ugh.

true enough. I..well... i stand as a hypocrite and I vow to try my best to stop. It's really not something I like to do and frankly I dont knwo why i do it.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)

Recipes are quite possibly the very stupidest part of presidential campaigns.

A few things -- We don't know that Cindy McCain even picked this (wasn't it just some staffer/intern the time before?), so I wouldn't say she plagiarized without knowing more.

Two, I don't think putting out recipes is an attempt to make someone look "down home". It's just an accepted (though nonetheless totally idiotic) part of any prez campaign. They basically have to do it, so I wouldn't read any intent into it.

And honestly, this may well have been her recipe as far as she knew. I don't know where half of my recipes came from, but if I ever published them, I'm sure 90% would be unchanged from whatever source I took them from.

And finally...I still can't believe anyone cares a whit about all this cookie recipe crap.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Recipes are quite possibly the very stupidest part of presidential campaigns.

A few things -- We don't know that Cindy McCain even picked this (wasn't it just some staffer/intern the time before?), so I wouldn't say she plagiarized without knowing more.

Two, I don't think putting out recipes is an attempt to make someone look "down home". It's just an accepted (though nonetheless totally idiotic) part of any prez campaign. They basically have to do it, so I wouldn't read any intent into it.

And honestly, this may well have been her recipe as far as she knew. I don't know where half of my recipes came from, but if I ever published them, I'm sure 90% would be unchanged from whatever source I took them from.

And finally...I still can't believe anyone cares a whit about all this cookie recipe crap.

Obama's wife cooks better. Cindy McCain says so. That's it! I know who I'm voting for now! :lolhitting

What a joke this whole presidential race is.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Obama's wife cooks better. Cindy McCain says so. That's it! I know who I'm voting for now! :lolhitting

What a joke this whole presidential race is.

It's not just this race, it's every damn time. God forbid anyone looks mean in the eyes of Parent f***ing magazine. And if they get one, all HELL will break loose if you don't deign to give something else to Good Housekeeping. Laura Bush's Texas Brownies with Barbecue Pickins (cocaine optional). Hillary's chopped weenie sandwich. It's such a farce.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
The more I think about it, arent a lot of our "family recipes" really stuff we got off boxes 2 generations ago?

Yes, but at some point Teresa Heinz-Kerry reduced the salt from 1 teaspoon to 1/2. She totally made it her own.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
It's not just this race, it's every damn time. God forbid anyone looks mean in the eyes of Parent f***ing magazine. And if they get one, all HELL will break loose if you don't deign to give something else to Good Housekeeping. Laura Bush's Texas Brownies with Barbecue Pickins (cocaine optional). Hillary's chopped weenie sandwich. It's such a farce.

Yep. You have some good recipes there - :lol:

More confirmation that VA is in play with Obama...

Barack Obama could very well end up flipping Virginia -- a state that has voted Republican in every election since 1968 -- over into the Democratic column, a new Rasmussen poll suggests.

The numbers: Obama 45%, McCain 44%, within the ±4% margin of error. A month ago, McCain led by a 47%-44% margin. This is on top of a SurveyUSA poll from a few weeks ago, which gave Obama a 49%-42% lead.

QUOTE (Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Obama%20Button0001.JPG

So, we've been doing some checking today...the details on that are...it seems to have been a pin that was being sold at a booth at the Texas Republican Party convention by an outside dealer. The Texas party says they didn't know about it until they started getting people asking them about it and wouldn't have allowed it otherwise.

This wont help Johnies attempt to avoid the "McSame" idea...

Bush To Echo McCain's Plan To Drill In Oceans

President Bush plans to make a renewed push Wednesday to get Congress to end a long-standing ban on offshore oil and gas drilling, echoing a call by GOP presidential candidate John McCain.

By the way, McCain was against offshore drilling during the 2000 campaign.

Against it... before he was for it.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
This wont help Johnies attempt to avoid the "McSame" idea...

Bush To Echo McCain's Plan To Drill In Oceans

By the way, McCain was against offshore drilling during the 2000 campaign.

Against it... before he was for it.

Maybe he realized that the Chinese and the Cubans are out in the same waters drilling away. Might as well get some of that oil for ourselves.