All Things Probama

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
it was a yes or no question. he never answered. He WANTS to leave the door open for people to attack it. If he says "yes, he is patriotic and cares abotu this country", it's done. Now the door is open.

By the way, a few questions later he was asked a yes or no question about Afghanistan and Pakistan. His response: "yes and yes. Next question".

Glad to see someone else picke dup on this...

Asked If He Questions Obama's Patriotism, McCain Doesn't Directly Answer

This is noteworthy: Asked directly at today's presser whether he questioned Obama's patriotism, McCain actually didn't give a direct answer.

What McCain didn't say: "Of course I don't question Obama's patriotism. We both love our country and are both running for president only to serve it. End of story."

No direct answer.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)

Dude, WTF? That is as direct an answer as he could give. What else were you looking for?

I hate this kind of crap. It was a stupid question for the press to ask, and its useless to the process.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
John MCCain was just flat out asked "Do you think Sen. Obama is patriotic".

McCain sidestepped the question saying Obama's family story is a great story. And many American's are proud of him"

hmm.... never really answered the question.

Yet no one asks Obama why it is OK to attack McCains wife and war record...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
Dude, WTF? That is as direct an answer as he could give. What else were you looking for?

I hate this kind of crap. It was a stupid question for the press to ask, and its useless to the process.

When asked about Afganistan and Pakistan he had 3 words "yes and yes". When it came to Obama... "well,... yea know... he's a story... he's liked. Next question. What was so hard to say "yes, he loves his country".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)

It is ok to question Cindy McCain's connections since McCain is using her jet and if Republicans can call for John Kerry to release all his military records, it's more than fair to call out John McCain to do the same since he is indeed running on his military background as proof he is ready to lead this country.

Did you know John McCain crashed 5 airplanes in his military career and finished 5th from the bottom of his graduating class? I think the American people would find that interesting.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)

Neither of those things have happened.

And McCain hasn't questioned Obama's patriotism either.

This is all garbage.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
It is ok to question Cindy McCain's connections since McCain is using her jet and if Republicans can call for John Kerry to release all his military records, it's more than fair to call out John McCain to do the same since he is indeed running on his military background as proof he is ready to lead this country.

Did you know John McCain crashed 5 airplanes in his military career and finished 5th from the bottom of his graduating class? I think the American people would find that interesting.

And Obama did drugs and ... and ... and ...

WTF is your problem? Seriously?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)

I love how stuff that means nothing is the method at which we find our President, and that is what people want to talk about.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)

i think the American people demand attack ads about McCains military career.

*waits for ad to totally backfire on Dems*

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
Obama isnt running on his drug use experience

:lolhitting

Maybe he should. Then he might be part of the real world.

When is it that people will learn that none of this crap matters? Oh, I guess when people like you stop buying into the soundbyte media nitpicking every little piece of s*** that's out there.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
i think the American people demand attack ads about McCains military career.

*waits for ad to totally backfire on Dems*

If Obama can be attacked for "lack of experience", McCain can be called out for the "experience" he claims to have.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
If Obama can be attacked for "lack of experience", McCain can be called out for the "experience" he claims to have.

they can run any kind of ad they want. like i said, call him out on this. sounds like a winner for McCain.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)

How can you not see the difference between this...

"I'd like to see more insight into McCain's military career, and how that supposedly translates into command experience"

and this...

"'Oh boo hoo, I was a POW' is all McCain has"

The difference between those two statements is exactly what we are getting at here. One is a legitimate, if edgy, question. The other is just flinging s***.

And you know what else is bad about this kind of thing? The two candidates themselves are actually doing LESS of it than we've seen in some recent election cycles.

Obama, today, even took a swipe at MoveOn.org, and tried to put away this kind of B.S.

McCain, with his clear and concise statement saying they are both in it for the country (which was already linked here), did basically the same thing.

This is not Obama or McCain, or even their close circle, bringing up B.S. This is the media, and some of the far-left/right supporters of the candidates, mouthing off to get a reaction.

I'll say again, against popular opinion, that these two candidates are the best pair we've gotten for office in my lifetime. They aren't great, but they are an improvement. A huge one of the last two or three cycles.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
I'll say again, against popular opinion, that these two candidates are the best pair we've gotten for office in my lifetime. They aren't great, but they are an improvement. A huge one of the last two or three cycles.

I agree with you 100%. i dont like McCain, but he's better than bush.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Oberman on Republicans is as objective as Coulter is on democrats.

Olbermann makes me laugh if nothing else. My wife watches him but I don't watch him when I want to see real news.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)

Okay we went over this a week ago. Should I reprint how officers are given flight slots or should we just drop the nonsense already.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
Olbermann makes me laugh if nothing else. My wife watches him but I don't watch him when I want to see real news.

well obviously, his show is editorial

Does John McCain really think that he can win the free trade argument? I am curious. I would think all you;d need to do is show closed factories all over the country and show how they were shipped over seas to put Free Trade down.

McCain said in this ad he is for making more jobs in MEXICO! What about the jobs in Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania? How has free trade helped them?

Anyone notice the not so subtle jab at illegal immigrants? "With more jobs, they will be able to stay in their country".

Edited by Athomeboy_2000