Official Draft Thread

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on Strauss. Last season he got bumped out of the rotation and got drafted late. He came back for his Sr season as a midweek guy. As the season went on he got himself into the rotation where he did really good. He also has been used out of the pen. I would expect him to project as a reliever, but wouldn't be surprised to see him get starts in the minors. He has a very good fastball, 90-93 mph, tops out at 95. He also usually has very good control.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Recent article about Dubler:

I actually covered Dubler when he was a freshman at ISU. Didn't put up huge number but was a solid college catcher and the program thought very highly of him.

Repin DG Holla!!!

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
11 - Charles Leesman - LHP - Xavier

I've got to do a writeup, someone take over for me.

He had some terrible numbers at Xavier last season. WHIP near 2.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 10:42 AM)
Recent article about Dubler:

I actually covered Dubler when he was a freshman at ISU. Didn't put up huge number but was a solid college catcher and the program thought very highly of him.

I covered Dubler when he was at Downers Grove South. He's a solid ball player---too bad his brother is a pansy that I should have beat up in middle school. I think it's funny that I reacted how I did when I saw Kevin's name---but he's good. He's on the list of solid athletes from DGS. Look for Brian Riegler or Jared Culver to make it big somewhere in baseball (and possibly football for Culver).

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
I covered Dubler when he was at Downers Grove South. He's a solid ball player---too bad his brother is a pansy that I should have beat up in middle school. I think it's funny that I reacted how I did when I saw Kevin's name---but he's good. He's on the list of solid athletes from DGS. Look for Brian Riegler or Jared Culver to make it big somewhere in baseball (and possibly football for Culver).

DGS is weak like the Ukraine

Even though I don't think he's any special, I love the Danks pick. If nothing else, it will shut up a lot of people on here.

I looked up a few things on him in the last few minutes. Univ. of Texas shifted him from LF to CF this year. Last year he set a team record by stealing 19 bases in a row, this year he stole about the same amount but was caught a few times. Looks like he had the exact same kind of year at the plate, average slightly lower than last year but not by much. Strikeouts and walks almost exactly even, same as last year. He played in all or most of UT's games this year and last year as well, so he looks to be durable.

Not any injury history to speak of other than a fractured ankle his freshman year.

Stats don't tell the whole story but if one relies strictly on stats it doesn't appear he progressed much after a very good year last year. Not sure what that's worth or what it means. Boras seems to think it means a whole lot regardless.

Obviously the kid wanted to play for Univ. of Texas where his dad and mom graduated from and I'm sure he wants the degree. The Sox should have an advantage here, they know the family and the relationship is good. But I would bet this situation goes all the way up to 8/15.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
12 - RHP Steven Upchurch - (HS) Faith Academy

Our first high schooler so far.

I thought it was the first. I love high school picks. They can get to the majors by like 20-21 if they're good enough. Probably not another Justin Upton, but maybe he will be good. :unsure: