Official Draft Thread

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
Maybe it's just because I have zero faith that the Sox can develop players in the minors right now? Hopefully Buddy Bell can change that.

Its possible he has alot to do with some of the picks after Beckham.

Also did anyone catch the article in the back of SI this week? Its called the Heist, and its about Q

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
Maybe it's just because I have zero faith that the Sox can develop players in the minors right now? Hopefully Buddy Bell can change that.

haha, remember who you're talking to. I don't see how Buddy Bell changes anything. Can't fix much if the players he's responsible for are crap. Maybe we'll have a great draft, who knows, but it isn't too appealing to see us falling into the same pattern of honoring slot recommendations and neglecting talented players who've dropped.

I was hoping with no 2nd round pick, Sox would combine money and make a statement on a player in the 3rd round for a farm system that is in dire need of young talent. SOS for the White Sox draft never going outside the box!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
Now I dont watch or follow a ton of College baseball, what is the significance of being a "friday night" pitcher vs a saturday night pitcher

Friday I believe is when you face the top lineups. Its the premier matchup.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
I was hoping with no 2nd round pick, Sox would combine money and make a statement on a player in the 3rd round for a farm system that is in dire need of young talent. SOS for the White Sox draft never going outside the box!

Like who are you thinking of? Melville? No way we'd sign him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
Now I dont watch or follow a ton of College baseball, what is the significance of being a "friday night" pitcher vs a saturday night pitcher

Teams #1 Starters always open a series hence Friday Night Pitcher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)

I know Melville is a pipe dream, but there was too many to list that fit the bill better than what we drafted IMO!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)

Even if that's true, I doubt the alternative of drafting relatively unknowns in the third/fourth rounds is a great way of restocking your system. Atleast give the effort of drafting him. More than likely, whomever is drafted in these spots isn't going to turn out to be anything. I'd rather go for the best player.

If it were me I'd give Melville and Beckham their money, and then pull a Wilder and find local hacks to fill out the remaining rounds.

PERSONAL: Birthdate: March 9, 1987....Parents: Sam and Kris Hudson...Has one brother, Dylan (16)...Nicknamed: Huddy...Favorite Sports Personality: Chipper Jones...Favorite Movie: "The Notebook"...Favorite Book Read: "Martian Chronicles" ... Plans to major in: Sports Management.

YR G/GS CG W-L IP H R ER BB SO ERA

06 14/12 1 7-3 93.1 91 43 34 26 79 3.28

07 15/15 2 8-5 106.2 93 58 41 44 109 3.46

08 13/13 2 5-6 92 88 52 48 33 107 4.70

TL 42/40 5 20-14 292.0 272 153 123 103 295 3.79