Thomas Collaro...

JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
For any of you who care, he was released by the White Sox. He signed with the Reds organization and was assigned to Chattanooga of the Southern League.

I'd bet this means Cook is headed to Charlotte in the next week or two (when B-Ham finishes their first half).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
I'd bet this means Cook is headed to Charlotte in the next week or two (when B-Ham finishes their first half).

Collaro was the odd man out in Charlotte because he could only DH. They would have to cut someone else loose to make room for Cook. But, I'm not convinced he's going up. This is the White Sox after all. They don't reward success with promotions.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
Collaro was the odd man out in Charlotte because he could only DH. They would have to cut someone else loose to make room for Cook. But, I'm not convinced he's going up. This is the White Sox after all. They don't reward success with promotions.

The DH slot is now open. Cook could do that, plus play a little OF here and there. I really think that's the end result here.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
I agree he deserves a promotion, but I'm not convinced he'll get one. Collaro was let go to make room for Dewayne Wise.

Nah, Wise was with the team before. You now don't have a DH in Charlotte. Your OF is Bourgeois, Owens and Wise. The only crowd issue left is 2B, with Getz and Richar both there. You could DH one of those I guess, but, more likely, they'll just have them split time at SS. Cortez isn't a real prospect anyway.

Also, Wise may not stick with the team long anyway.

I'd be surprised if Cook doesn't end up in Charlotte this season, if not now, then soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
I'd be surprised if Cook doesn't end up in Charlotte this season, if not now, then soon.

IMO... They have to promote Cook. The Sox have to decide whether to put him on the 40-man roster this fall or risk losing him in the Rule 5 Draft.

I can't imagine they'd make a decision to put him on the 40-man without seeing how he looks against AAA pitching.

Besides... he's crushing AA pitching. What's the point in leaving him there?

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)

You mean Ehren Wasserman was never on the MLB club this season? And DeWayne Wise wasn't called up after he killed the ball for Charlotte? Or Jack Egbert in the rotation for the Knights?

Yeah, no promotions at all.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
Nah, Wise was with the team before. You now don't have a DH in Charlotte. Your OF is Bourgeois, Owens and Wise. The only crowd issue left is 2B, with Getz and Richar both there.

I know, but when he was reassigned to Charlotte, the roster was full. So, Collaro was the least versatile.

Sad, but understandable... the Sox have a glut of outfielders, and they don't need one the strikes out 33% of the time he comes up to bat.

Still, when he did make contact, he could hit. I wish him the best in Cincy.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
Not as much as there should be.

Well, the team's in first place by 4.5 games and the minor league system is f***ed anyways thanks to the Wilder fiasco, so really, what have they done wrong?