Which is more annoying?

SoxFan1

Rohrman v Red Roof Inn  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which CSN commercial is more annoying?

• "Here we go with another ho-ho." - Bob Rohrman
    • "The chances of that are...remote." - Red Roof Inn
    • Both make me want to punch an infant

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
The Red Roof Inn one is so bad that I like it.

Same.

Remember that stupid "wazzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuupppppppp" commercial? Everyone thought it was so cool that people made shirts for it. I happened to think it was the most stupid, most annoying, most life-wasting commercial I have ever seen.

I'm not going to fault Red Roof Inn for trying to make a cheesy commercial and succeeding. That Rohrman commercial is absolutely terrible though. And no, I don't think he's trying to make something stupid. I think he think he's funny.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
The Red Roof Inn one is so bad that I like it.

That.

And the cheesiness of Bob Rohrman commercials has been so consistent through the years that they trigger nostalgia more than annoyance.

So where's the, "I likes 'em both" option? :ph34r:

I like the Bob Rohrman blooper reel commercial they have been running.

For me, the commercials I hate the most are the Chevy commercials that are constantly run during Sox games because i see them sooooooo much. A few years back they had the American Idol commercials that drove me absolutely crazy, one was Kelly Clarkson and the other was that older guy, i cant even remember his name. Regardless, they both sucked hardcore.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 10:41 AM)
Remember the Eagleman days?

"IIIIIIIIIIIIIII've got something for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

It was like the director of those commercials told everyone to speak as if they were in slow motion.

I was in the audience for a Letterman show where they played awful local commercials. That was the final one they showed, and as soon as it came on I was elbowing my friend while speaking along with the commercial. Look at those lowwww rates! It is the standard.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)

It was like the director of those commercials told everyone to speak as if they were in slow motion.

I heard a rumor, I have no idea about its validity, that those ads were so bad they actually made enough money to make good commercials. However, people didn't like those, and they had to go back to their crappy ones.

I really dislike the commercial for Proactive (I think that's what it is). It's the acne cream stuff. The part that annoys me is the guy who says something along the lines of "you put it on at night and when you wake up in the morning, you don't have acne...that's a good feeling." I cannot stand the sound of that guy's voice, especially when he says that it's a good feeling. I wanna punch that guy.

worst commercial out right now is the taco bell one for the double beef burrito with the rap.....drives me nuts

btw i love any of free credit report.coms jingles...those are so bad they are good...like the red roof inn one

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
worst commercial out right now is the taco bell one for the double beef burrito with the rap.....drives me nuts

btw i love any of free credit report.coms jingles...those are so bad they are good...like the red roof inn one

Oh, I hate those Taco Bell commercials.

On the other hand, I love the jingles for almost any Dunkin' Donuts commercials. I especially like the jingle for reluctantly helping my friend move.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)

HELL YES.

Plus, the double beef burrito sucks. Double s***tiness.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
HELL YES.

Plus, the double beef burrito sucks. Double s***tiness.

i mentioned it in another thread somewhere...but everytime the driver guy says "i gotta spot you?" i wanna throw my remote through the tv

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Time to make some friends.

Right now the only commercials that really get under my skin are the terrible "sign" commercials the Sox are running. :unsure:

Agreed, I hate the Sox commercials that are out right now with the signs, they just aren't funny.

Also Subway was on a roll a few years back for making terribly annoying commercials, especially the ones with John Levitz. Man I hated those.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)

Or they paid the writer per word.

Still can't figure out the reason for the dancing lizards that are in sync with the black woman that is dancing in the vitamin water commercial. I've kind of had about enough of that one.

Also....agreed! Also Had about enough of Bob Rohrman's Ho-Ho and the infamous "Hello out there in TV land!"