IT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

whitesoxbrian

throwing out the 4 homers, I love that we got 12 other hits tonight in only eight innings at the plate. The hitters are really looking a lot more comfortable as a unit. Maybe they really did need some summer heat?

Anyways, no matter what now, we WILL be in first place after this series is over... that's nice.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
throwing out the 4 homers, I love that we got 12 other hits tonight in only eight innings at the plate. The hitters are really looking a lot more comfortable as a unit. Maybe they really did need some summer heat?

Anyways, no matter what now, we WILL be in first place after this series is over... that's nice.

That 5th inning was just fantastic. Alexei's bunt was BEAUTIFUL.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Is this like Ed Farmer trying to use Rooney's signature line and botching it? That's the joke right?

I was thinking the same thing, it's been like that for 2 days now.

A win over the Twinkies is always a good win, especially one where we put up 10. Especially nice to see Blackburn get lit up, I'm tired of seeing him start against us.

This team is clicking right now. I could easily see them sweeping this homestand. I am, literally, in love.

I mean, when the toughest matchup on paper for the team is one where the opposing pitcher is Livan Hernandez, you are looking good.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
USCF is a goofy park. The wind is howling out of the SW yet the garbage flows on the field towards the SW corner.

The winds at The Cell are just bizarre, it's almost beyond a swirling effect, as if the park defies gravity. IIRC, the winds at The Cell have always been weird and strong, but since the renovations with the fan deck, upper deck, and fundementals, it's become even weirder and stronger. Quentin hit a ball to right center for the 3 run homer, carried like hell, Swish hit one to about the same spot and it just died in the wind. There are really only two certains at The Cell in regards to the wind:

1. Ignore the flags, because they will tell you nothing.

2. The ball ALWAYS carries from the left field foul pole to the comcast sign to the right of our bullpen in left center.

As for the game tonight, that was vintage 2001-2004 White Sox with the score, and to be honest, it's nice to see us win a game like that for once here in 2008. However, the bullpen was still great (outside of Loaiza, who we hopefully won't see outside of garbage situations like tonight) and the defense was also great. Also nice to see us win a game for Javy in which he wasn't great, he's had some tough luck ND's and losses. Hopefully we're ready for Livan and his 83 MPH fastballs.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Funny, Vazquez finally gets the win when he doesn't have his sharpest stuff. And man was the ball carrying last night. I didn't see Crede's first homer, but his second was a bomb. However, both Dye's and Quentin's were flyballs that kept carrying. Home Field Advantage ;)

Ball was flying out of the park tonight for the most part. Dye and Swisher crushed balls that got knocked down by the wind. Quentin muscled a ball (helpe by the wind) into the patio area in RF and Dye hit one to center that seemed to get a boost.

Great inning there in the 4th or 5th or whatever the f*** it was.

Swisher continues to be one the mote unluckiest players in baseball, crushed the ball 3 out of 4 trips and has a single to show for it.