6/7 - Sox vs. MIN, 6:05 CT, WGN

knightni

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
Sox are going to find a way to extend Crede and they'll trade Fields. Crede is so much better than Fields.

If they could find a way to work it out, I'd be all for it. I just don't see them re-signing Joe though. I think they would of done it by now if they could for some reason.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
Sox are going to find a way to extend Crede and they'll trade Fields. Crede is so much better than Fields.

i always seem to find all the Fields hate posts coming from you .... :unsure:

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)
I like Fields, don't get me wrong, but so many people on this board want JOE gone its ridiculous.

eh my sister is obsessed with him and that gets annoying .. hes a fine player tho

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)

It isn't really hate, it's just the truth. Joe right now is far ahead of what Fields was last year (albeit it's assumed Fields will be better). The only thing that's really a factor in Fields's favor is Crede's erratic throws this year, but that's kind of out of character for Crede.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)

It is because he is ridiculously over-rated. Yes, he hit for power in his debut with the White Sox last season. However, he has massive holes in his swing and is only a decent defensive 3rd baseman. Crede is much better than him and I'd prefer to trade a guy like Fields while he's still rated as a top prospect. Josh Fields has a lot of things wrong with his game which will prevent him from reaching his upside.

I'm not saying Crede doesn't have his faults, but you can probably swing Fields for a top prospect elsewhere (or a good young player whose already established in a package) and I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox do that. I've also been pretty consistent about Fields from the beginning. At the major league level he'll hit .250, with 160+ strikeouts and I'm not a fan of those type of guys (I have seen no adjustments to his swing to make me believe he'll be able to fix the holes that cause all those k's either, which also make it very unlikely that he'll hit for much of an average). So essentially, he's a one tool hitter (power) whose rated as one of the better prospects in all of baseball (and thats the type of guy that I think's trade value exceeds his actual value, therefor, you move him).

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
Paulie showing some glove last few games too.

And he's had some good swings. If he and Swisher are both on the way out of there funks, it will be huge for the offense. Swisher is really looking good too lately.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
And he's had some good swings. If he and Swisher are both on the way out of there funks, it will be huge for the offense. Swisher is really looking good too lately.

If that happens, I am ready to say this is a playoff-caliber team.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
If that happens, I am ready to say this is a playoff-caliber team.

Yesterday, I officially decided that this team is a really good team. The offense will have its slumps (a team which is extra relient on power and has few "average" hitters will have them), but the rotation is very good as is the pen and defense and those type of teams tend to stay out of extended slumps (W/L's). Injuries can obviously effect anything but right now I feel as good about the Sox as I do any team in major league baseball and I'm convinced they are here to stay and they have the ability to make some heavy noise if they make it into the post-season and are playing good at that time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
It is because he is ridiculously over-rated. Yes, he hit for power in his debut with the White Sox last season. However, he has massive holes in his swing and is only a decent defensive 3rd baseman. Crede is much better than him and I'd prefer to trade a guy like Fields while he's still rated as a top prospect. Josh Fields has a lot of things wrong with his game which will prevent him from reaching his upside.

I'm not saying Crede doesn't have his faults, but you can probably swing Fields for a top prospect elsewhere (or a good young player whose already established in a package) and I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox do that. I've also been pretty consistent about Fields from the beginning. At the major league level he'll hit .250, with 160+ strikeouts and I'm not a fan of those type of guys (I have seen no adjustments to his swing to make me believe he'll be able to fix the holes that cause all those k's either, which also make it very unlikely that he'll hit for much of an average). So essentially, he's a one tool hitter (power) whose rated as one of the better prospects in all of baseball (and thats the type of guy that I think's trade value exceeds his actual value, therefor, you move him).

alright im fine with that .. and i dont really feel like freaking out about Fields, but for you what would be the signs of Crede staying with the sox. Is KW and JR gonna tell their Boras messageboy to go work out a contact, or do you expect him to be traded by 7/31, or actually keep him for this run and get a draft pick for him where we have to give more money to that 1st round player(buts its not really worth getting into that)

Edited by JFields27