6/7 - Sox vs. MIN, 6:05 CT, WGN

knightni

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
alright im fine with that .. and i dont really feel like freaking out about Fields, but for you what would be the signs of Crede staying with the sox. Is KW and JR gonna tell their Boras messageboy to go work out a contact, or do you expect him to be traded by 8/31, or actually keep him for this run and get a draft pick for him where we have to give more money to that 1st round player(buts its not really worth getting into that)

The only way the Sox would trade Joe Crede is if they got a tremendous offer (which involved players that in Kenny's eyes made the club better "this year") or if Josh Fields make some huge adjustment to his swing and just started absolutely destroying in the minors (again they would also need to get a good offer for Joe). Otherwise, assuming Joe has a good year, I think they will make a fair offer to Joe (it won't be the best offer on the table and its going to be a take it or leave it type of deal). I truly think Joe likes playing here and the Sox have a very good relationship with him and at the end of the day there is a better than average chance that they work things out.

Otherwise, I anticipate the Sox offering him arbitration and getting Type B compensation for him (I find it unlikely that he'll be able to garnish Type A compensation, unless somehow they don't factor in his 07 season since it was due to injury). In terms of Fields, I really feel the Sox have soured on him and I will not be surprised if the club moves him (of course if Crede goes, obviously Fields would have a starting spot and I'd do nothing but root like hell for him to live up to his potential).

Josh does have the potential to be a .280, 30-35HR 3rd baseman. However, that is dependent on him cutting down his swing and I don't know if he'll be able to do that. Which is why I project him more in the .250 range.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
The only way the Sox would trade Joe Crede is if they got a tremendous offer (which involved players that in Kenny's eyes made the club better "this year") or if Josh Fields make some huge adjustment to his swing and just started absolutely destroying in the minors (again they would also need to get a good offer for Joe). Otherwise, assuming Joe has a good year, I think they will make a fair offer to Joe (it won't be the best offer on the table and its going to be a take it or leave it type of deal). I truly think Joe likes playing here and the Sox have a very good relationship with him and at the end of the day there is a better than average chance that they work things out.

Otherwise, I anticipate the Sox offering him arbitration and getting Type B compensation for him (I find it unlikely that he'll be able to garnish Type A compensation, unless somehow they don't factor in his 07 season since it was due to injury). In terms of Fields, I really feel the Sox have soured on him and I will not be surprised if the club moves him (of course if Crede goes, obviously Fields would have a starting spot and I'd do nothing but root like hell for him to live up to his potential).

Josh does have the potential to be a .280, 30-35HR 3rd baseman. However, that is dependent on him cutting down his swing and I don't know if he'll be able to do that. Which is why I project him more in the .250 range.

I think he could get that Type A compensation, but it also depends on who else is in that compensation group does it not. I dont see a deal striked for Crede as he seems to go with Boras, no matter if he likes it here unless he can pull a Kenny Rogers. Fields has looked bad in the minors but no doubt I think he can play in between that .250-.280 range and people will look over it if hes hitting those homeruns, but thats just how people look at it.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 05:35 PM)
I think he could get that Type A compensation, but it also depends on who else is in that compensation group does it not. I dont see a deal striked for Crede as he seems to go with Boras, no matter if he likes it here unless he can pull a Kenny Rogers. Fields has looked bad in the minors but no doubt I think he can play in between that .250-.280 range and people will look over it if hes hitting those homeruns, but thats just how people look at it.

I don't think it has to do with who is FA, rather just how you rank amongst the players at your position throughout baseball. Elias is the rating agency that is used.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)

All I'm gonna say about this is that Fields is a valuable piece to have...but Joe is a home-grown product and I really hope the Sox find a way to keep him...he's a Sox...and belongs here IMO. But like you said...a tremendous offer might change things...but won't happen as long as this team is winning.

I must say, after giving this organization a LOT of grief over keeping Alexei up o nthe roster when he looked clueless at the plate, I was way wrong...the guy can flat play this game at a major league level.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
There's no chance Crede can be a Type A.

I'm 99% sure thats the case, the only way possible would be if they ignored his 07 season (but I'm 99.9% sure they don't do that). He is pretty much a lock for Type B though (which is still pretty solid, assuming of course the Sox are willing to take guys slotted to go in the 2nd round as opposed to trying to get cheap if they end up having a couple early picks).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
OC is raking.

So OC continues this the rest of the year...you're Kenny...what do you do? Or is OC just auditioning for another team...or a probable return to LA?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
I'm 99% sure thats the case, the only way possible would be if they ignored his 07 season (but I'm 99.9% sure they don't do that). He is pretty much a lock for Type B though (which is still pretty solid, assuming of course the Sox are willing to take guys slotted to go in the 2nd round as opposed to trying to get cheap if they end up having a couple early picks).

Yeah, it is almost impossible for him to move to a Type "A" unless he wins the Triple Crown and Gold Glove while the guys that are ahead of him completely suck and all hit .200 with a ton of errors.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
So OC continues this the rest of the year...you're Kenny...what do you do? Or is OC just auditioning for another team...or a probable return to LA?

He will be a year older at SS and will want a pay check that the Sox are probably not willing to give him.