And that's a White Sox Winner!

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:27 AM)
I've seen some people talk about it in the national media. Guys on SC were mulling over his firing midstory when it broke.

I remember one guy on the 1st and 10 show saying we should fire him because he's put himself before the team and is too much of a distraction, and this was before his tirade in TB. This was after some random mention of Britney Spears or something. Little did the guy know (as if he even paid attention the the Sox) that Ozzie goes on these tirades to take the heat off his players for the most part. Do you ever hear the media talking about struggling players like Thome, Konerko, Cabrera, or Swisher? No. Because they are talking about Ozzie. He's a players manager and knows when to take the heat off his guys because it's only added pressure on them. But he also knows when its time for the players to take some of the blame and get it together. And thats the way I like it. When the media is talking about Ozzie when the team is doing bad and not the players, I think he's done his job just the way he intended.

WTF is happening???

Buerhle giving up 1 ER through 6??

Crede hitting two 3 run jacks??

PK pounding the ball, and to the opposite field??

PK legging out a triple??

Swish ripping shots down the line with RISP??

Thome singling twice to the opposite field and negating the shift??

OC hitting like he's wearing an Angels uniform??

Quentin needing to do almost nothing and still win by 9?

AJP throwing out..by a margin... one of the best base stealers in MLB??

Cats living with Dogs??

Sun rotating around the Earth??

Help, I'm scared!! :gosox4:

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
WTF is happening???

Buerhle giving up 1 ER through 6??

Crede hitting two 3 run jacks??

PK pounding the ball, and to the opposite field??

PK legging out a triple??

Swish ripping shots down the line with RISP??

Thome singling twice to the opposite field and negating the shift??

OC hitting like he's wearing an Angels uniform??

Quentin needing to do almost nothing and still win by 9?

AJP throwing out..by a margin... one of the best base stealers in MLB??

Cats living with Dogs??

Sun rotating around the Earth??

Help, I'm scared!! :gosox4:

lol

I live with a bunch of cards fans, and it sure was nice to be able to watch a game and have my team kick the crud out of the twins. Also, nobody around here realizes we are in first place. With all those national stories about the clubhouse people think we are in last and doing awful.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
lol

I live with a bunch of cards fans, and it sure was nice to be able to watch a game and have my team kick the crud out of the twins. Also, nobody around here realizes we are in first place. With all those national stories about the clubhouse people think we are in last and doing awful.

Living here in CA, I've just accepted that the net, WGN on occasion, and this site are my only chances of seeing the Sox get their due, when earned (and criticism when earned as well). ESPN has always been a nightly disappointment, and at some point us non-locals have to just put that pipe down. :unsure:

You have a first place battle 4 game set in a premier division, and they have absolutely nothing to say about it other than open with the Damon walkoff for the FOURTH PLACE Yankees while giving up 20 runs in two games to the Royals team we just annihilated, the Mets going down...again, the BOS game, the Philly highlights (the third in the triumvirate of NE cities). They (Colin Cowherd) say all the time that ESPN just show the people what they want to see, but how are natl fans ever going to develop an appreciation for a team if they're story is never told? if they don't get ticker lines when a .250 player has a day off for his wife to have a baby, for their rookie setup guy is treated like the second coming of Goose Gossage for accomplishing not even a half season of pro ball?

Jenks could be a premier topic, Thome's 500th was an afterthought blip, the emergence of Floyd and Danks has barely been discussed, if they were wearing Yankee of RSox unis they'd spend 20mins per baseball tonight episode with Kruk and the guys out of the hardwood floor showing the intricasies of their delivery, pitch arsenal, etc, etc etc.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Living here in CA, I've just accepted that the net, WGN on occasion, and this site are my only chances of seeing the Sox get their due, when earned (and criticism when earned as well). ESPN has always been a nightly disappointment, and at some point us non-locals have to just put that pipe down. :unsure:

You have a first place battle 4 game set in a premier division, and they have absolutely nothing to say about it other than open with the Damon walkoff for the FOURTH PLACE Yankees while giving up 20 runs in two games to the Royals team we just annihilated, the Mets going down...again, the BOS game, the Philly highlights (the third in the triumvirate of NE cities). They (Colin Cowherd) say all the time that ESPN just show the people what they want to see, but how are natl fans ever going to develop an appreciation for a team if they're story is never told? if they don't get ticker lines when a .250 player has a day off for his wife to have a baby, for their rookie setup guy is treated like the second coming of Goose Gossage for accomplishing not even a half season of pro ball?

Jenks could be a premier topic, Thome's 500th was an afterthought blip, the emergence of Floyd and Danks has barely been discussed, if they were wearing Yankee of RSox unis they'd spend 20mins per baseball tonight episode with Kruk and the guys out of the hardwood floor showing the intricasies of their delivery, pitch arsenal, etc, etc etc.

amen. And it's funny how they just blow every ozzie comment way out of proportion nationally. If it wasn't for Ozzie, I don't know if the sox would ever be talked about.