6/8 - Sox vs. MIN, 1:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Honestly, with as amazing as our offense has been this series, the defense has been equally as impressive.

and the pitching hasn't been too shabby either.

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
Weren't you also one of the people here who wanted Williams to do a total rebuild and go with prospects?

Not to rain on the parade here, but I wonder where all those people are.

I would rather a GM constructs a team that can compete, which apparantly this team has the ability to do.

It goes to show, baseball is an interesting game, with all sorts of things that can happen.

I'll post tomorrow about the slump this team will inevitably encounter, and how people shouldn't panic, because it's a long season and there are ups and downs.

I could be put into that camp, LOL. Either way, I'm well aware of the fact that this is the offense we have and when it goes good, it will go really good. However, without a legit top of the order (consistent threat) and the combination of power bats in the lineup the offense is bound to go into some funks (although i don't anticipate any being as bad as the one we saw earlier this year). The staff is also due to have a slump of some sort, plus I think the one concern has to be on how Danks/Flody (the two young arms) handle the workload later on down the year as they reach career highs in innings.

Either way I still believe Kenny has some adjustments to make to the lineup, but they probably won't come until after the seaons end because the reality is the club isn't going to move Konerko/THome at this point in the season. Although in my defense, even when I was completely ripping the offense, I do think I indicated that some of these guys would get things going to an extent (I just think long term the Sox are better making a couple adjustments at seasons end) and that I still felt even with the poor offense that this team would be competing (cause I love the rotation).

THe guy I love the most is Gavin Floyd, oh my god, his changeup and confidence (which has led to him improving his command) is one of the big keys to his turnaround in the organization. We all know about the variations of his fastball and his two sick curves, but his changeup is so freaking good at times.

I also want to point out, that this offensive slump is one of the times I'm glad I'm not the GM, cause who knows what crazy moves I'd have ended up making, LOL.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
There was a nubber that was behind the plate and foul and he decided to throw it to 3rd for no reason.

I was just reviewing the game thread and wanted to comment on this. Since Gomez was running on the pitch and was already around third when AJ threw that ball, I suspect AJ threw that ball away on purpose to fool him so that Gomez would continue running hard all the way home and tire himself out a little in the event that on the next pitch the batter got a hit so maybe they might have a chance to throw him out trying to score from 2B.

Hawk seemed to think AJ was just being "Dennis The Menace" again, but I think there was a method to his madness.

My gawd. I never would have expected this.

Maybe Oz's critics like Mariotti will finally realize Oz is Oz and his madness is refreshing.

If the players hated him they'd have quit after his last tirade instead of responding with all these hits.

Right now, Oz and KW have shut up the critics.

I never thought Floyd and Danks could do what they are doing.

Swish getting hot. Alexi and Quentin two of the biggest surprises in the AL.

Wow! Keep it up. Congratulations for now, Sox.