6/8 - Sox vs. MIN, 1:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people wanted to see what Alexei could do after that spring of his.

Then a few games in, everyone did the usual thing where you get hasty and give up on a guy. And we were so happy about Quentin supplanting him that we started saying things like "Alexei needs to develop in AAA"

no.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
I think a lot of people wanted to see what Alexei could do after that spring of his.

Then a few games in, everyone did the usual thing where you get hasty and give up on a guy. And we were so happy about Quentin supplanting him that we started saying things like "Alexei needs to develop in AAA"

no.

I wouldn't be surprised if it just was going to take Alexei a month or so to finally get the hang of the hitting, whether or not he was playing every day. I thought some AAA time would have done him good, and I'll admit this is a pleasant surprise I didn't see coming.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
BA and Ozuna in for Swish and Cabrera, Alexei moves to short.

Alexei now batting .298 on the season.

BA is in for Q .. Swish moved over

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if it just was going to take Alexei a month or so to finally get the hang of the hitting, whether or not he was playing every day. I thought some AAA time would have done him good, and I'll admit this is a pleasant surprise I didn't see coming.

Didn't see it coming at all. I thought it'd take a while for him to get used to big league hitting(a lot more than a month).

And that was quick, Gavin.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
We'll get an extended look at Alexei at SS now...Cabrera's out and Pab is at 2b

While the time off for O.C. can't hurt...something tells me the fact that we keep seeing this substitution late these last couple blowouts is giving Lexy a trial at SS for, let's say, future years.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
why not put quentin in RF and give JD the rest of the day off, seriously? put the youthful defenders out there and rest JD's legs, ffs.

While JD does need a rest (See below) honestly so does Q. He's scuffled a bit more than JD the last few games and JD's had more time off.