6/8 - Sox vs. MIN, 1:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, our hitting approach ALL game has consisted of one main element (for the most part)

guys are going to opposite field

if this team has truly started to try and hit the ball where it's pitched, given how teams have scouted us all year (force us to pull pitches on the outerhalf of the plate), this is exactly the same of run production that would occur where a team starts scratching its head after it's scouting report (make hitters pull outside pitches) fails

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
What is the point of having Uribe on the team at this point? Time for him to be DFA'd.

Well, frankly it is useful to have 2 backup infielders on this roster, especially since Alexei can play some CF also.

I'm honestly surprised though that we haven't say, tried Uribe at 3rd yet.

Is this pretty or what?

From CBSportsline:

Due Up: N. Swisher (.221, 2-for-3, homer, 4 rbi, double, strikeout), J. Crede (.296, 2-for-3, 2 rbi, double, single), A. Ramirez (.298, 3-for-3, homer, 3 rbi, 2 singles)

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 05:24 PM)
What is the point of having Uribe on the team at this point? Time for him to be DFA'd.

i agree....i posted this in the diamond club but if we do drop uribe i wouldnt mind giving rob mackowiak who was released a shot....at least we would have lefty off the bench and he can play 1b, 2b, 3b, LF and RF

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Gavin with a career high 9 K's. That was one area he needed to improve in to sustain his success.

If his breaking ball keeps diving 10000 feet every time he pitches, he's going to keep on racking up those k's.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
i agree....i posted this in the diamond club but if we do drop uribe i wouldnt mind giving rob mackowiak who was released a shot....at least we would have lefty off the bench and he can play 1b, 2b, 3b, LF and RF

I'm too afraid of seeing him playing CF to risk that...

Seriously.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
I'm too afraid of seeing him playing CF to risk that...

Seriously.

ozzie knows mack isnt a CF, he even said it...and especially with anderson on the roster i really doubt he would be in CF at all...either way it doesnt matter who it is...but if uribe isnt gonna play at all it would be nice to at least have a lefty off the bench

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
ozzie knows mack isnt a CF, he even said it...and especially with anderson on the roster i really doubt he would be in CF at all...either way it doesnt matter who it is...but if uribe isnt gonna play at all it would be nice to at least have a lefty off the bench

I understand the logic.

I just still have nightmares about those games in 06.