Today's Rays game

Garza shook off Dioneer Navarro a couple of times, and then throws a gopher ball. Navarro goes to the mound and starts reading Garza the riot act. Garza puts his glove over his mouth and is obviously firing back. Inning over, and they go all Zambrano-Barrett in the dugout. Watch BBTN, it's really unusual stuff.

This is the first time I've seen the video of the incident. It looks like Navarro is jawing about Garza shaking him off and giving him the gopher ball and all Garza is saying is "I got you" meaning "Get the f*** away from me."

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)
This is the first time I've seen the video of the incident. It looks like Navarro is jawing about Garza shaking him off and giving him the gopher ball and all Garza is saying is "I got you" meaning "Get the f*** away from me."

thanks for that stunning insight :lol: :)

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
First, gang piling onto Coco Crisp, now this? The Rays look like a bunch of punks.

? Crisp was the one who came at Shields. Fights happen... I just wish the mlb didn't make such a big deal about them though with warnings, suspensions, etc...

You know, I've always wondered how MLB catchers felt about getting shaken off. I notice that some pitchers do it sometimes and the catchers don't seem to care (Vazquez), and other pitchers just take the sign and deal (Buehrle comes to mind).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 12:26 AM)
? Crisp was the one who came at Shields. Fights happen... I just wish the mlb didn't make such a big deal about them though with warnings, suspensions, etc...

So you want no penalty for fights at all?That would be wreckless.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 01:26 AM)
Coco was punched in the top of the head and had his face scratched. Pretty girly move by those guys.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
You know, I've always wondered how MLB catchers felt about getting shaken off. I notice that some pitchers do it sometimes and the catchers don't seem to care (Vazquez), and other pitchers just take the sign and deal (Buehrle comes to mind).

Sometimes its a good thing, because all people have patterns and tendencies and sometimes the pitchers can stop the pattern of a catcher like AJP. AJ sometimes falls in love with the fastball inside corner for a strike out, Javy can shake him off and throw a change and the batter doesnt pick up on the pattern.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
Coco was punched in the top of the head and had his face scratched. Pretty girly move by those guys.

Shields threw a hell of a haymaker and Crisp dodged it. Or atleast I seem to recall Shields throwing one.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
Shields threw a hell of a haymaker and Crisp dodged it. Or atleast I seem to recall Shields throwing one.

Yup, he threw first, and he should thank Coco for dodging it, because the way he threw it was going to break his wrist.