6/9 - Sox vs. MIN, 1:05 CT, CSN,

knightni

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The sox better score next inning because the rain is coming, they have about 25 minutes, then it will come down. Getter done boys. As for the Ump, he has been off today, sorry that is just the truth, but thome also swung at ball 4 twice, with the bases loaded which might have changed the game a bit. We need a big run this inning.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
Don't give me that.

"I couldn't see well enough to play when I was a boy, so they gave me a special job - they made me an umpire."

Thanks President Truman.

Sorry. Nobody grows up wanting to be an official.

The sox better score next inning because the rain is coming, they have about 25 minutes, then it will come down. Getter done boys. As for the Ump, he has been off today, sorry that is just the truth, but thome also swung at ball 4 twice, with the bases loaded which might have changed the game a bit. We need a big run this inning.

Good start here.

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
Ahhh, he's a good kid. He has umped for a long time for such a young guy, but yeah, it's not a criticism of the entire profession.If they're inconsistent, they're inconsistent. It is what it is.

If this is your honest opinion of me, thanks. I've umpired for about 10 years now and I know how things are in the game of baseball. I've thrown out several people but what I've learned is that its about the game and you can't let the tools behind the dugouts or even in the dugouts get to you. I guess the way people phrase their criticism towards umpires makes it sound like a criticism of the entire profession. The real heart of the matter is exactly what is bolded. It is what it is.