6/9 - Sox vs. MIN, 1:05 CT, CSN,

knightni

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that. That was such a huge sweep, especially with the Tigers and Indians playing each other for four games. Those teams are still going to make a run and it's nice that in everyone of those games the Sox will gain ground on one of the two

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
How in the hell? Just refreshed Gamecast in time to see it go from 1st and 3rd no out to man on 3rd 2 outs. Then one second later, game is over.

Fast grounder by Mauer to Jenks, he looked Gomez back to 3rd, 1-6-3 DP, then Morneau grounds out 6-3.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
What was his call? Im at work...

After the double play he yelled "GREAT PLAY......BY EVERYBODY!!!"

And I kind of hate to bring this up, but I'm curious to see if the local media wet their pants over the Sox' undefeated 7-game homestand the way they did over the Cubs' 7-game undefeated homestand.

It is troubling that our ace reliever continues to play with fire though. I would think it must be several days off without pitching so he just wasn't sharp, or were they broken bat bloops? He does pitch well under stress, but he also has gotten bit a time or two, which is a time or two too often.

Danks did not have his best game today but showed what a tough competitor he is by battling through it, and thankfully the bats came up big late in the game when needed.

I am so excited to see this team open up a large lead in the division now. This is such an extremely talented team and I had very high hopes for them before this season. I really thought they could make the playoffs, even though alot of the so called experts had them pegged for one of the last places. I am very much hoping they make the playoffs this year and if they dont I would be dissapointed since I really believe they are capable and a good enough team this year to make it.