6/9 - Sox vs. MIN, 1:05 CT, CSN,

knightni

If this is your honest opinion of me, thanks. I've umpired for about 10 years now and I know how things are in the game of baseball. I've thrown out several people but what I've learned is that its about the game and you can't let the tools behind the dugouts or even in the dugouts get to you. I guess the way people phrase their criticism towards umpires makes it sound like a criticism of the entire profession. The real heart of the matter is exactly what is bolded. It is what it is.

That's true Ross and you are indeed a good kid.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
It's amazing he got anything done in that at bat. The first two pitches were clearly outside, Mauer pulled them back over. Actually a bad pitch by Guerrier on the 0-2 to even let him get wood on it.

He may not be getting a bunch of hits, but hes still on base, still knocking in runs and adds a dimension of speed to the top/middle of the order in front of some RBI guys that are heating up. I wouldnt move Carlos or his OBP for anything.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
If this is your honest opinion of me, thanks. I've umpired for about 10 years now and I know how things are in the game of baseball. I've thrown out several people but what I've learned is that its about the game and you can't let the tools behind the dugouts or even in the dugouts get to you. I guess the way people phrase their criticism towards umpires makes it sound like a criticism of the entire profession. The real heart of the matter is exactly what is bolded. It is what it is.

Ross being a good guy is very different than being right. i think your a good guy, your just a bit wrong on this subject.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Ross being a good guy is very different than being right. i think your a good guy, your just a bit wrong on this subject.

Fair enough. But I think you're wrong about a specific player being a "piece of s***." (says with a laugh)

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
farmer made that HR sound like a routine foul ball until it went over. lol.

hahahaha sure did....i only got XM and I did not think that was going to go out....

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)

It looked like a can of corn but just kept carrying. So much that Cuddyer ran into the wall pretty hard.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)

he's been that way all year with flyballs, on some routine flyouts he's acting like it was Thome's bomb to center from last week