Danks brothers drop Boras

Steve9347

Well this explains why we drafted Jordan (I don't believe in coincidences). Great news obviously, it means for sure we'll sign Jordan IMO, now let's try and get John a nice, long term deal and not have to worry about either of these guys for the next several years.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
I don't have any inside info, but I can see Crede staying.

1. The Sox can afford his raise by letting Cabrera and Uribe walk and having the young infield of Ramirez at short and Richar at 2nd.

2. Fields, Ramirez, Richar would be pretty young with at least 2 question marks.

3. Crede has demonstrated health, will still have some prime years, and is extremely unlikely to be a product of performance enhancement.

4. Defense has value to an organization that values pitching.

5. Crede seems to be a good clubhouse guy from what I've heard and read.

6. He's hitting pretty well. Good health may cut down on those epic slumps of the past.

7. Crede has said that he wants to stay and certainly knows the Boras controversy.

8. He's clutch. Freakishly clutch.

9. Sox should have continued payroll stability if attendance continues to improve with better weather and a team 6.5 games in first.

10. The fans like him and it would be a nice PR move similar to the Pauly and Mark signings.

11. Hopefully the Sox will have the 2008 Championship to defend.

12. Fields would have nice trade value to fill another need and his talk of quitting due to the clubhouse is not a huge issue but is noteworthy.

13. Sox drafted a 3b in the 3rd round of this years draft.

14. They have said that there will be no negotiations during the year. Just like Mark and JD. I'm sure KW would listen especially if Boras was out of the picture.

15. The Danks Family fired him for a reason. Joe and John are bound to talk a little.

16. I have a gut feeling.

I'm sure the Sox will pay Jordan Danks better than 7th round money but he will not pull Reinsdorf's gold fillings with pliers the way Boras would have. I'm sure the Sox had an idea what it would take before he was drafted and it would be a good idea to threat John's little brother fairly. Jordan is a nice prospect, but John Danks has proven himself and less than 2 years ago he was in AA. We have not even seen his full potential.

wow lots of info here, whatever happens happens.