IT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
Looking at our upcoming schedule, we have a chance to go on a serious roll. We've got a terrible Tigers team and the crap that is the NL (save the *barf* Cubs) all this month.

The Cubs don't scare me one bit. Outside of Zambrano, who we have hit before, their rotation isn't scary at all and they've benefited from playing s*** teams like Pittsburgh, Houston, Colorado, etc a trillion times.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
The Cubs don't scare me one bit. Outside of Zambrano, who we have hit before, their rotation isn't scary at all and they've benefited from playing s*** teams like Pittsburgh, Houston, Colorado, etc a trillion times.

At home. Their second best starter is Ryan Dempster, even with his hot start probably wont finish with an ERA below 4.

I wonder if the Twins would trade us Joe Nathan.....

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)

Same here. Not to mention Lee is struggling.

I think we can easily take 4/6 from the Scrubs, maybe even 5/6 or 6/6. :gosox3:

I think some of you are under-rating the Cubs. Without our weak division we would be hovering around .500 so calling them out for playing weak teams isn't fair. That being said I do think we have a better ball club and even though he has had early season success its hard to be scared of Dempster.

a 7-0 homestand! Wow, when was the last time that happened?

Swish the 1st Sox to hit HRs from both sides in a game since Jose Valentin?

We are in great position with crappy teams coming up. Let's keep it up and bury all the teams in the division!!!

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
I think some of you are under-rating the Cubs. Without our weak division we would be hovering around .500 so calling them out for playing weak teams isn't fair. That being said I do think we have a better ball club and even though he has had early season success its hard to be scared of Dempster.

We've played 29 home games compared to their 34. We're 17-17 on the road, they are 14-16. And the NL is worse than the AL anyway. Have you seen a Pirates game recently? Rockies? They are pathetic.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)

Check out some of the pitchers the NL teams run out day after day and get back to me.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
We've played 29 home games compared to their 34. We're 17-17 on the road, they are 14-16. And the NL is worse than the AL anyway. Have you seen a Pirates game recently? Rockies? They are pathetic.

Well everyone seemed to love the Diamondbacks before and I know the Cubs beat them in a series and hell the Pirates just did also.

Nice come-from-behind win. I kinda gave up on the game after the back-to-back Ks of Konerko and Thome with the bags loaded. I had stuff to do anyway but just the same I gave up on the game and got myself into the "oh well, we're still in 1st place with a nice lead" kinda thinking.

What a nice surprise to see that they won this thing. Way to go, Swish! And nice for Walnuts to make up for his costly at the time caught looking K. :sweep: :gosox3: