6/10 - Sox @ DET, 6:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)
This is bad managing tonight. Whats the purpose of leaving him in to get destroyed.

You can't get the win if you're not still on the mound. Our bullpen is pretty fresh, no reason for Jose to still be out there.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
This is bad managing tonight. Whats the purpose of leaving him in to get destroyed.

this is beyond bad managing tonight.....this is the single worst managed baseball game ive seen in a long time...im sure there will be replies saying wow people really overreact when we lose....but ozzie/our club has made so many bad decisions tonight its not even funny....

GET HIM OUT OF THERE

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
I still don't get why they pitched to Cabrera with a base open....let the rookie beat you.

bunted in the first inning (drives me nuts, even if AJ did it on his own).....tried to steal third with pudge behind the plate and the 3 hitter up (even if OC did it on his own), stole with alexei twice (worked out once though, still didnt agree with it at the time, though it was nice it worked out) left jose out to die.....

all that on top of the inexcusable pitching to cabrera

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)

Ozzie should have walked Cabrera back in that 5th inning to pitch to the kid and now, he finally pulls Jose ONLY after he gives up another run and killing the little bit of momentum they were building up.

Bad job tonight by the skipper.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 02:00 AM)
bunted in the first inning (drives me nuts, even if AJ did it on his own).....tried to steal third with pudge behind the plate and the 3 hitter up (even if OC did it on his own), stole with alexei twice (worked out once though, still didnt agree with it at the time, though it was nice it worked out) left jose out to die.....

Ozzie's been much better pulling his starters sooner rather than later so far this season. I'll give him a pass tonight, but I hope he doesn't go back to his stubborn way.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)

No I think I agree with the strategic decision to not bring in a reliever until 3 hits are allowed and a run scores. It's not managing by the book. Right? :headbang

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)

Ozzie has a propensity to get goofy with his chess game when he gets a manager that dabbles in the same craft.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
Well he can't be great every night.

certainly not...and realistically if ozzie made the obvious managing decisions jose would have had 6 IP and 3 ER...a QS

thank you leyland