6/10 - Sox @ DET, 6:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
nobodys worried...but people have a right to be upset over games against division rivals that are given away....of course we arent going to win every game, but it would be nice to only lose the games in which the opposition outplayed us and that our manager didnt cost us at least 2, but probably closer to 4 runs

I agree with this but I don't think it's our manager's fault that we lost today. The guy who had been our ace to start the season just did not show up at all today.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
I agree with this but I don't think it's our manager's fault that we lost today. The guy who had been our ace to start the season just did not show up at all today.

i agree contreras takes some of hte blame...but if he had a manager today he would have had a QS....cant ask for too much more out of jose, especially on a day where he really didnt have it

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 01:37 AM)
i agree contreras takes some of hte blame...but if he had a manager today he would have had a QS....cant ask for too much more out of jose, especially on a day where he really didnt have it

Ozzie and Jeff Cox were awful tonight...we can only hope they both learned something and won't repeat what they did.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
Ozzie and Jeff Cox were awful tonight...we can only hope they both learned something and won't repeat what they did.

Learning isn't really one of Ozzie's strong points IMO.

But if he recognizes how stupid of a game he managed, that's enough by me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)

between the bunt, the 2 caught stealings, the throw out at home thats 4 outs given away

add to it the 1 run contreras gave up pitching in the 7th when he had no business doing so, and the 2 driven in by cabrera when we had no business pitching to him, and the dropped play at the plate by AJ (which was a tough play, but one that needs to be made)...i hope they learn quick

verlander scares me tomorrow...that game has gem written all over it

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
between the bunt, the 2 caught stealings, the throw out at home thats 4 outs given away

add to it the 1 run contreras gave up pitching in the 7th when he had no business doing so, and the 2 driven in by cabrera when we had no business pitching to him, and the dropped play at the plate by AJ (which was a tough play, but one that needs to be made)...i hope they learn quick

This is such a trap series, and I was worried all day we'd get swept (shocking, I know). This Tigers offense is not the same pathetic team we saw earlier in the year.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)

Verlander never scares me anymore. Only thing I can say about tonight's game is the fact we didn't lose any ground to the 2nd place team.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Game Ova....too bad we gave this one away... but s*** happens! Got to take the next two.

Good offensive showing, Detroit made every throw and every pitch right before we put it together. They should feel lucky to have pulled this one out, and thank whoever invented maple bats. We will get the next two.