6/10 - Sox @ DET, 6:05 CT, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
between the bunt, the 2 caught stealings, the throw out at home thats 4 outs given away

add to it the 1 run contreras gave up pitching in the 7th when he had no business doing so, and the 2 driven in by cabrera when we had no business pitching to him, and the dropped play at the plate by AJ (which was a tough play, but one that needs to be made)...i hope they learn quick

verlander scares me tomorrow...that game has gem written all over it

Trying to get things going is not always a negative thing. It happens. And I dont know why you think Verlander will throw a gem, we just got double digit hits AGAIN.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 02:42 AM)
Verlander never scares me anymore. Only thing I can say about tonight's game is the fact we didn't lose any ground to the 2nd place team.

Do people really think the Twins will end the season with a better record than the Indians and/or Tigers?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
This is such a trap series, and I was worried all day we'd get swept (shocking, I know). This Tigers offense is not the same pathetic team we saw earlier in the year.

i posted the exact same thing on page 2 of this thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
This is Detroit's best chance to get momentum going for their season. One win would be huge for the Sox.

Jesus, I really didnt expect the attitudes on this board to turn after a game where they clearly could of won, and still pounded out hits.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
Jesus, I really didnt expect the attitudes on this board to turn after a game where they clearly could of won, and still pounded out hits.

My comment had nothing to do with tonight's results. The Tigers have nothing going for them coming into this series.

Edited by fathom

Wow, Count got clobbered.

Didn't see the game; is it just a one game thing or was he back to his indecisive self?

He pitches so much better (for last many starts) when he works quicker and confidently.

Oh well he certainly deserves an off night.

We're not going to run away with the division. Ain't gonna happen.

Should be a fun year if we keep hitting and if the bullpen keeps doing its job.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Wow, Count got clobbered.

Didn't see the game; is it just a one game thing or was he back to his indecisive self?

He pitches so much better (for last many starts) when he works quicker and confidently.

Oh well he certainly deserves an off night.

We're not going to run away with the division. Ain't gonna happen.

Should be a fun year if we keep hitting and if the bullpen keeps doing its job.

He didnt have his fork ball working for him tonight which is key to his success, he just didnt have it tonight, but the defense really didnt play that spectacular either, if AJ catches JDs peg at the plate that saves a run. A couple of bobbles from Swish and O-Cab also today. But they clearly had the oppurtunities to score more runs, Quentin was thrown out at the plate and O-Cab got caught stealing 2nd when had a terrible jump. Its only 1 loss. Lets rebound and get them tommorow, i'll take 1 win from Detroit.

The goal for the rest of the month is to put enough distance between the Indians and the Tigers that they think sell. I want to break their will, and have them consider rebuilding for next year.

Crushing them now will give us more cushion for the rest of the year.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 03:26 AM)
The goal for the rest of the month is to put enough distance between the Indians and the Tigers that they think sell. I want to break their will, and have them consider rebuilding for next year.

Crushing them now will give us more cushion for the rest of the year.

Great thought

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
He didnt have his fork ball working for him tonight which is key to his success, he just didnt have it tonight, but the defense really didnt play that spectacular either, if AJ catches JDs peg at the plate that saves a run. A couple of bobbles from Swish and O-Cab also today. But they clearly had the oppurtunities to score more runs, Quentin was thrown out at the plate and O-Cab got caught stealing 2nd when had a terrible jump. Its only 1 loss. Lets rebound and get them tommorow, i'll take 1 win from Detroit.

Not to mention a few more mistakes-

1. Ozzie sending Lexi again.

2. Cox sending TCQ home.

3. Swisher gets walked, then it's 1-0 to Crede, and he swings and grounds into a 5-4-3 DP.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
Not to mention a few more mistakes-

1. Ozzie sending Lexi again.

2. Cox sending TCQ home.

3. Swisher gets walked, then it's 1-0 to Crede, and he swings and grounds into a 5-4-3 DP.

Ozzie not walking Cabrera with a base open

Ozzie sending Jose out for the seventh

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
Ozzie not walking Cabrera with a base open

Ozzie sending Jose out for the seventh

Yeah, the phrase "Bad day all around" pretty much applies to everyone except maybe Alexei. Either way, it happened. It's over. Got a little kick in our tails today. Maybe a needed one. Let's get em tomorrow.

I am not sure if this is ag ood thing or a bad thing but this team gives away more games or I should is in position to win more games than they are ever truely beaten in.

Again, I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.

Guillen and Cox with some really poor decisions. These three games should be balls out. The next six are meaningless after this series.

Contreras in the 7th was stupid and pointless. He was getting hit hard, really hard. With the Tiger pen you are never out of it.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
I am not sure if this is ag ood thing or a bad thing but this team gives away more games or I should is in position to win more games than they are ever truely beaten in.

Again, I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.

Guillen and Cox with some really poor decisions. These three games should be balls out. The next six are meaningless after this series.

Contreras in the 7th was stupid and pointless. He was getting hit hard, really hard. With the Tiger pen you are never out of it.

First off, every game should be "balls out". These guys are getting paid enough where they should give 110% every game. Secondly, the next 6 aren't meaningless. So what, if the Twins win all 6 and we lose all 6, it doesn't matter? Those 6 should be all wins, with MAYBE one loss.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 03:39 AM)
Yeah, the phrase "Bad day all around" pretty much applies to everyone except maybe Alexei. Either way, it happened. It's over. Got a little kick in our tails today. Maybe a needed one. Let's get em tomorrow.

Disagree with the everyone besides Alexei statement. How about Thome was 3/4 with a bomb. Aj and Q both had 2 hits. Dotel struck out 4 of the five guys he faced.

Just a thought....

On a positive note A-Ram is now hitting .300

The next six are meaningless after this series.

I don't quite understand that sentence.

All games are meaningful. Our division lead can wilt to nothing in a week.

It's a marathon.

Remember September of our title season?

Keep plugging away, Sox. Lots of hits tonight, but not enough runs. Rare bad start by a pitcher.