Author of " Eight Men Out" dies

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 08:18 AM)
Spooky - I actually watched that movie last night, it was on some obscure cable channel and I stopped while channel surfing. Sad.

I was at Borders and couldn't decide whether to pick up 8 Men Out or Moneyball last night. Eerie.

Wow this is spooky, one of my last reports of the school year was on the Black Sox, and then about 2-3 weeks ago i watched the movie. Awesome Movie. Sadly i didnt know Asinof was that old.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
He wrote Eight Men Out 45 years ago.

yeah whats your point? not be an ass but just cuz i said i didnt know he was that old doesnt mean i dont know when his book came out .. sorry i didnt keep up with his age

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
yeah whats your point? not be an ass but just cuz i said i didnt know he was that old doesnt mean i dont know when his book came out .. sorry i didnt keep up with his age

I don't think his comment was intended to be in the tone you're making it out to be. I think he meant it just as an FYI, not trying to make you look bad.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
I don't think his comment was intended to be in the tone you're making it out to be. I think he meant it just as an FYI, not trying to make you look bad.

Thank you . You are correct. That was my intent.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside