What's wrong with Quentin.

joeynach

Hawk and Dj were saying during todays broadcast that Quentin is quite banged up right now and also nursing a soar and swollen right hand. When did this happen, and what happened to his hand. Does he need some rest, a series off?

If things work out, Q can get some days off during the Rockies and Pirates series. Hopefully we won't need him.

I agree he should be rested if hurt, but I don't think we can assume we won't need him.

I know you said hopefully.

Sucks that Quentin has cooled off.

Hope he makes adjustments in the long season or simply gets healthy.

CQ's recent struggles have been magnified due to the fact that we have relied upon him to carry our offense when the switch is turned off. Kinda like when Burls struggled early on when he knew (in his head) he basically had to throw a shut-out in order to have a "chance" at winning the game. It was only a matter of time before that pressure started to take its toll in reverse fashion on our newfound stud outfielder. With the offense not producing, maybe he is trying to hard to make something happen because now it is expected out of him.

I didn't think he'd be hitting at the rate he was hitting anyway. I hate to s*** on the pancakes, and I really hope I'm wrong, but during his streak I was half expecting him to knock a pick off attempt to first into the visiting bullpen. I was wondered the whole time when reality would catch up to him, due in part to the afore-mentioned carrying of our "offense", but also pitchers eventually figuring him out. Hopefully it is just a sore hand that can be remedied with days off in the Rocks/Pirates sets.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
I think he's played the most of anyone on our team, and players get banged up. Probably could use an extra day off. Maybe do what we did for Konerko and give him a day off followed by being the DH for a game.

Actually...thanks to the fact that Alexei played the first 2 days of the season while he was on the bench, the O.C. has played 2 more games than Q.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
Actually...thanks to the fact that Alexei played the first 2 days of the season while he was on the bench, the O.C. has played 2 more games than Q.

I knew about the first 2 games with ARam in center, but I still thought Quentin had Cabrera beat. Oh well, when thinking about it, both have play a ton so far.