Scotty Pods

BUZZ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no reason to boo him. He was awesome in 05 and faught a wicked injury bug in 06/07 and his numbers suffered.

He should get a standing O just for the Walk Off in the WS....

I'll be there on sunday and there is no doubt I'm giving pods a standing ovation. everyone on that 05 team deserves one when they come back home. I remember going to a game a couple years back against the cardinals, edmonds ran into the wall and got hurt then timo perez came in. everyone in the outfield got up and gave him a standing O.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
I'll be there Saturday and since I can't be there tomorrow, I'm going to give him one on Sat.

Same. I'm going on Saturday and I fully intend to cheer for him. He did a lot for us in '05 he diserves nothing less then a standing O.

QUOTE (whitesox32 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
I'll be there on sunday and there is no doubt I'm giving pods a standing ovation. everyone on that 05 team deserves one when they come back home. I remember going to a game a couple years back against the cardinals, edmonds ran into the wall and got hurt then timo perez came in. everyone in the outfield got up and gave him a standing O.

Did he give a wave, hit tip, anything to acknowledge?

QUOTE (whitesox32 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)
yeah he gave a little wave to the crowd I think he was in shock as to why anyone would give him a standing O

:lol: Nice. I hope Pods gives a hat tip to everyone tomorrow.

Actually, I'd prefer if he sat out tomorrow so I can be in attendance for the first (and probably only) standing O and first (and probably only) acknowledgment to the crowd.

BTW, if Luis Vizcaino comes in tomorrow, do we give him a standing O? (he was activated off the DL on the 8th)

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
Sox fans are a weird bunch sometimes.

We complain and hate on the players when they are on our team, then give them standing O's when they come back on new teams.

But the difference is- only 25 guys have been on a White Sox playoff roster and won a World Series.

BTW, when the Pirates come into town, do we give Marte a SO? When the Cubs come to town, do we give Cotts a SO? :lolhitting

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 12:20 AM)
But the difference is- only 25 guys have been on a White Sox playoff roster and won a World Series.

BTW, when the Pirates come into town, do we give Marte a SO? When the Cubs come to town, do we give Cotts a SO? :lolhitting

When Carl Everett goes and sees Sue at the Field Museum...

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
Sox fans are a weird bunch sometimes.

We complain and hate on the players when they are on our team, then give them standing O's when they come back on new teams.

Actually, I'd say Cleveland is a weird bunch...they booed Jim f***ing Thome. The only reason I'd ever boo Thome is if it were late in a season, he were on the Indians/Tigers/Twins/any other team preventing the Sox from a playoff appearance, and he had a clutch hit. It's not as if he did an inhumane thing; he took a much, much more lucrative offer from the Philadelphia Phillies rather than resigning with an Indians club that was in the middle of a rebuilding period, and then accepted a trade to the White Sox. He didn't ask to go to the White Sox, he just said he'd be OK with it. When the Sox traded Garland to Los Angeles, I'm sure he got a standing ovation for his previous experience with the Sox.

I'd say, in that regard, the Sox are like the norm. Boo current players who suck (or any other number of circumstances), but if they did something very good for the team at one point in time or another or just left the team on good terms, they'll cheer them when they come back. If Scott Podsednik put on a Sox jersey tomorrow, I'd boo him out of town, but with a Rockies jersey, I'd cheer my ass off.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 02:36 AM)
He should be cheered wildly.

I forgot he was on that team.

Ex-Sox tend to kill us. Even ex Cubs like Floyd.

We're f***ed. Scotty will have a big series. Rats.

I hope that's thick sarcasm because Scott Podsednik won't kill anything this weekend but a fly, and he might not even kill that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
Actually, I'd say Cleveland is a weird bunch...they booed Jim f***ing Thome. The only reason I'd ever boo Thome is if it were late in a season, he were on the Indians/Tigers/Twins/any other team preventing the Sox from a playoff appearance, and he had a clutch hit. It's not as if he did an inhumane thing; he took a much, much more lucrative offer from the Philadelphia Phillies rather than resigning with an Indians club that was in the middle of a rebuilding period, and then accepted a trade to the White Sox. He didn't ask to go to the White Sox, he just said he'd be OK with it. When the Sox traded Garland to Los Angeles, I'm sure he got a standing ovation for his previous experience with the Sox.

I'd say, in that regard, the Sox are like the norm. Boo current players who suck (or any other number of circumstances), but if they did something very good for the team at one point in time or another or just left the team on good terms, they'll cheer them when they come back. If Scott Podsednik put on a Sox jersey tomorrow, I'd boo him out of town, but with a Rockies jersey, I'd cheer my ass off.

Jim left the team on his own for more money. That will get alot of players boooed. Most fans don't like players who seem greedy and leave. It's mostly just Sox fans who blame management when guys like Ordonez leave for more money. Most fans on other teams blame the player. Like someone said earlier Sox fans are a fickle bunch. I for one don't boo anyone who is working thier rear off. I my boo a bad play but not the player everytime.